Posted 28 Oct 2022, 4:32 pm
Director Go Market Operations at Sprout General Referrals
Sprout Social is looking for a highly motivated, strategic and inspiring Director of Go to Market Operations to lead and drive our annual go to market planning process for the revenue organization. At Sprout Social, our Sales Strategy organization is responsible for supporting our Sales and Success teams in strategic initiatives and for unlocking revenue through effective, clear strategic guidance.
This role will be responsible for helping the organization plan for annual GTM strategy changes, ensuring that plans are understood by stakeholders, aligned with business goals and deployed efficiently.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing Go To Market strategies and planning processes. This individual will partner with Sales and Success leadership teams to design and deploy effective Go To Market planning along with regular GTM experiments that are designed to maximize revenue. They are an effective listener who is able to build trusted relationships. They recognize that a key to success in this role depends on an ability to influence others and deliver consistent results. If you have a passion for go-to-market design and sales planning, and a desire to make a huge impact, we’d love to talk to you.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Relevant experience and a solid understanding of go-to-market design & sales planning as well as sales compensation and quota design
- Significant experience interacting with C-suite Executives and closely partnering with Leaders at the Director and above levels
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills with a superb ability to drive high value insights
- Superb project planning skills and decision making frameworks
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Background in finance, economics (or quantitative fields)
- Team management experience
- B2B SaaS software experience
Within 1 month, you will:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to annual planning processes
- Gain a fundamental understanding of Sprout’s current go to market strategy and planning processes
Within 3 months, you will:
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building
- Kicked off the annual planning process for 2023
- Aligned with stakeholders on key goals, milestone and resources needed to effectively deploy our new GTM plan
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
- Led the evaluation and implementation of any software tools required for field and territory planning
- Delivered actionable insights and recommendations for improvements to our existing GTM strategy
- Participate in field planning and headcount modeling exercises
Within 12 months, you will:
- Have successfully designed and driven the annual GTM planning process for the revenue organization
- Developed a schedule for future GTM experiments to be deployed throughout the following year
- Established yourself as the subject matter expert and thought leader in territory design, modeling and execution strategy
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change your team in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Please mention the word **DUMBFOUNDED** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok