Posted 27 Oct 2022, 4:15 pm
Snr. Site Reliability Engineer at KnowBe4
Remote positions open to the US only.
KnowBe4’s Site Reliability Engineers help ensure that our platforms are reliable, secure, scalable, and efficient. They work alongside other engineers in a fast-paced, agile development environment, and share solutions to advance the technologies running our systems, improve their safety and reliability, and make the complex distributed services that deliver our platforms easy to understand.
The ideal member of our team gets excited about new AWS service releases, stays up-to-date on industry trends and design patterns, and has excellent time-management and communication skills.
Some of the technologies we use:
- Programming Languages - Python, Ruby, Rust
- Infrastructure as Code - Terraform, AWS CDK
- Source Code Management and CI/CD - GitLab, Snyk
- Observability - DataDog, Airbrake
- Containerized Workloads - Docker
- Cloud-native infrastructure in AWS - ECS, Lambda, Step Functions, SNS/SQS, Transit Gateway, Aurora, DynamoDB, CloudFront, S3, AppSync, API Gateway, and many more.
- Work with other Site Reliability Engineers to build highly scalable and resilient applications and infrastructure in AWS
- Maintain and improve extensible infrastructure-as-code using Terraform
- Learn, maintain, and improve our existing deployment strategies
- Deliver effective observability, monitoring, and alerting patterns for KnowBe4’s applications and infrastructure
- Act as an escalation point for identifying and resolving the root cause for production incidents
- Provide assistance designing globally distributed systems and processes for the organization
- Identify deficiencies in our current applications and infrastructure and correct them when found
- Define new approaches and tailored solutions to complex technical problems
- Act as a project leader with other Site Reliability Engineers and ensure progress is communicated effectively to project stakeholders
- BS/MS/Ph.D. or equivalent plus 5 years experience
- Experience designing and operating high-scale patterns in AWS
- Experience building and designing repeatable workflows for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) - GitLab is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively able to self-manage your time across competing projects
- Ability to quickly understand and debug complex distributed systems
- Confident writing in Python a plus
- AWS Cloud Certification(s) - Professional Level a plus
- Experience working for a public company a plus
- Open-source contributions or technical blog experience a plus
The base pay for this position ranges from $130,000 - $150,000, which will vary depending on how well an applicant's skills and experience align with the job description listed above.
Please mention the word **SUCCESSFUL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok