Posted 27 Oct 2022, 4:16 pm
Senior Quality Engineer SDET Python at Planet
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about software quality through automation and the customer’s experience? If so, we’d love to talk to you! The Quality Engineering team is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer who is skilled in developing automation to test web based GUI’s, public facing API’s and look to find ways to both improve the quality of the product and the customer experience. In this role you will work in an Agile, highly collaborative, cross-functional environment in which we strive to build Quality into every step of the delivery process.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Develop and maintain UI automated test cases using Selenium and Python.
- Detail oriented, highly adaptable and acts as a customer advocate for quality.
- Take ownership of validating features and test automation from planning, test execution to release.
- Participate in test design discussions with the team, playing a role in test architecture/framework decisions.
- Exceptional bug detection, regression skills and looking beyond what is obvious.
- Partner with remote teams in various time zones (across the globe) and share what you learn with your teams and other members of the QE team.
What You Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in software development and quality engineering.
- 3+ Experience in programming languages like Golang and Python
- Strong experience in testing APIs and UI applications
- Working knowledge of Docker and containerized architectures
- Experience in Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) such as Gitlab, Jenkins.
- You are naturally inquisitive, with an exploratory mindset combined with strong test planning, communication and organizational skills.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Familiarity with geo-spatial data, satellite imagery and remote sensing is a plus.
- Experience in Agile development environment
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $116,100 - $187,200. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Please mention the word **CRISP** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok