Posted 27 Oct 2022, 9:15 pm
Data Engineer at BCN Group
Job title: Data Engineer
Reports to: Head of Power Platform
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm – 37.5 hours per week
BCN Group is a fast-growing provider of digital transformation and IT managed solutions to UK businesses. We provide a full suite of solutions comprising on-premises, hybrid and cloud hosting solutions, Azure cloud migration services, Microsoft product development, application support, voice solutions, data management and hardware sales and maintenance.
You will be joining a business which has grown significantly, has ambitious expansion plans and continues to invest in its transformation projects and its people.
Focus of the role:
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver real improvements for public and private sector clients, in smart and effective ways. The successful candidate will have a desire to develop their skills and want to learn more about wider IT architecture and development enabling them to build a successful career here at Cloud2 in a growing and exciting technology team.
Our people have 3 things in common: curiosity for learning, getting projects done brilliantly and the belief that together we do make a difference!
You will be joining a data and analytics team who are a critical part of the company, whose mission is to help the company and our clients make better decisions through data driven insights.
To achieve this, you will be accountable for the following:
- Building data pipelines using Azure data factory for data ingestion
- Looking after the data integration, data conformity, data integrity and ensure the data structures are designed for future business needs and enhancements
- Ensure that data transformations are well recorded and follow best practices so that it is easily understood by developers and analysts
- Work directly with the business to support various projects and solutions
- Using problem solving skills as challenges arise
- Process mining to scope and deliver solutions that meet agreed User Stories
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Competitive salary and the ability to progress
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!
Core skills and experience:
- Confident to work individually on projects as well as part of a team to support roadmap and governance processes
- Data Engineer Certification such as DP-203 is highly desirable
- Strong business-to-technology translation skills for identifying ways to apply solutions to help customers improve performance
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lakes
- SQL server experience (SSIS, SSMS) - Azure SQL Server and Azure SQL Managed Instance
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions
- Python is also desirable
- Understanding of Azure DevOps Pipelines would be advantageous
Please mention the word **TALENT** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok