26 Oct 2022, 3:45 pm
Principal Software Engineer at Talend
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data governance, is changing the way the world makes decisions. In order to compete and win, IT and business leaders need data that they can trust and understand instantly. Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all employees. It has made it possible to create innovations like the Talend Trust Score™, an industry-first assessment that instantly quantifies the reliability of any data set.
Over 7,250 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry media.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
We are looking for a Principal Backend Developer (m/f).
· Scoping and designing products backend solutions
· Evaluating new technologies, building proof of concepts and sharing findings
· Define technical roadmap combining Data Governance products’ needs and the global Talend technical roadmap
· Owning the health of backend components (schedule upgrades, track tech debt…)
· Collaborating with Architecture and Security teams to validate designs and integrate best practices
· Guiding and mentoring other engineers
Skills and experience
· 7+ years of experience in Cloud application development
· 3+ years in designing and building highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software
· Strong knowledge of Object Oriented and/or functional programming
· Experience working in an Agile SCRUM/Kanban environment
· Knowledge of one of the Cloud providers environment (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform)
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
What we offer you
Join a friendly and passionate team to work with the latest cloud native approaches and technologies (Spark, Beam, K8S, Docker, Kafka, Terraform, AWS, Azure to name a few)
A challenging but rewarding environment with international scope
Flexibility of full remote working
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- 7,250+ global customers rely on Talend for their data health
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools by Gartner (for the 7th year in a row)
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools by Gartner (for the 4th year in a row)
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Data Fabric (for the 2nd time in a row)
- Top 100 best Leadership teams 2022 by Comparably.com
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- Ranked in the DBTA “100 Companies that Matter Most in Data”
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in Talend.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Talend SAS and its affiliates ("Talend") have an internal recruiting, or talent acquisition, department (“TA”). Talend may supplement this internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters ("Agency"). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Talend employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. To protect the interests of all parties, Talend will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Talend, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Talend mailing address, fax machine, email address or any other means, directly to Talend employees, or to Talend's resume database will be considered Talend property and therefore will NOT be liable for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by an officer of Talend or his or her designee. No other Talend employee is authorized to bind Talend to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies. Talend hereby specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of a Talend officer.
Please mention the word **IMPARTIALITY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.