26 Oct 2022, 3:45 pm
Copywriter Health at webfx.com
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
What We're Looking For
Bachelor's degree with a GPA above 3.4
Strong background and experience in writing for the health and healthcare industry
Passion for research — unafraid of doing research and getting into the nitty-gritty details of complex topics in the health/healthcare sectors
Exceptional communication skills with stellar attention to detail
Extreme care of content to capture the voice and style of our clients
Ability to think critically and get things done — delivers on everything they say they will do in a timely manner
Flexible schedule (this position requires 40 hours of remote availability per week)
Requires a reliable laptop, office equipment, and Internet access
What You'll Do
The worlds of health and healthcare are incredibly nuanced — and the stakes are high for ensuring online health content is expertly researched, accurate and falls in line with industry best practices and compliance requirements. At WebFX, we're looking for a talented, research-minded writer who's excited to explore the worlds of health and healthcare in their work. Someone who's passionate about covering everything from dental services to botox treatments, from mental health to rehabilitation clinics, and from hospital systems to health management and consulting.
We want you to be driven by a love for knowledge in the healthcare and overall health spaces and have a knack for asking the right questions to fuel your research. Whatever the topic, you are experienced in reading and parsing professional/academic research, authoritative sources and data sets. In your writing, you know how to translate that information into copy that's user-friendly and in line with a client's specific voice and style.
We're looking for someone who's excited by the idea of diving deep into topics in this industry and helping drive results with the copy you write. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
- If you're seeking a long-term freelance partnership, we'd love to hear from you!
- Write an array of content types from blog posts to sales copy to longform content, specializing in complex health-related topics
- Manage time effectively in order to turn around projects on deadline
- Produce work for over 5,000 publishers and clients on the web/in the media
- Troubleshoot, solve problems on the fly and figure things out independently when needed — take full initiative and accountability for all tasks and projects
- Productively apply specific and personalized feedback to improve in identified writing areas
- Find flexibility in a 40-hour/week, independent contractor position, as you tackle assignments from the location of your choosing
This position is fully remote! Work from anywhere as long as you have a great Internet connection and a comfortable workspace.
Note: This position does not hire California, Colorado, D.C. or NYC residents due to high tax burdens and additional paperwork for employers.
Our "Bootcamp" web marketing training program will be provided for new WebFX "family members" to learn, grow and develop in and out of the office with the hard skills necessary to be successful in their position.
"On-site," state-of-the-art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, industry-related updates and monthly Lunch and Learns.
Opportunities for Growth
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new family members who meet or exceed position performance metrics.
What You'll Get
The Perks of Joining Our Mission
Grow in Your Career: Each of our partners benefits from our world-class training program. As part of our mission, we commit to helping our team and partners stay on the leading edge of the industry. We achieve this through ongoing training programs, incentives for learning and more.
Longevity: Current team members in this position have been in the role for over 10 years. Maintain the ability and freedom to take on other clients and freelance projects in addition to their work at WebFX.
Monthly Retainers: In addition to the compensation provided to the contractor, WebFX offers 6 paid holidays along with a $180+ monthly retainer to utilize as the contractor sees fit in order to better perform the agreed-upon services to WebFX.
Flexible Schedule: As an independent contractor, you get to choose your optimal work schedule and have the convenience of working from home.
Make a Difference: WebFX strives to not only improve the lives of our clients and everyone who works for them but to make a tangible difference on a global level as well. Through #FXBuilds, our goal is to positively change the lives of 10,000 people by 2024. Your work will contribute to #FXBuilds by helping us reach client goals!
Performance Bonuses: Contractors are eligible for performance bonuses totaling up to $1,000 per year.
- Hourly Rates starting between $18 and $21. An annual income equivalent to $42k to $46k (potentially higher based on work experience)
- $1k potential in bonuses annually
- $200+ monthly stipend: Extra cash for whatever you deem necessary to improve your remote work life! Other writers and editors have used this bonus to cover their various expenses such as Internet, health care expenses, contributions to their rent, luxuries for their home office, and much more. This bonus is provided as a thank you for your ongoing contributions and loyalty to WebFX.
- $1200 travel stipend: Recharge your batteries! WebFX cares deeply about maintaining a work/life balance and understands the importance of mental health. This travel stipend is earned after your first 365 days on the team and will continue to be provided once every 365 days thereafter. If you want to travel abroad or spend some time at the beach for some relaxation, we'll cover up to $1200 of your expenses!
Check out our culture on social media:
*You don't need to apply more than once even if you're interested in multiple positions - you can simply let us know! We consider all open roles when reviewing resumes and applications!
WebFX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing and fostering an inclusive environment where all people, including women, minorities, LGBTQ+ and other underrepresented groups are supported, respected, and encouraged to excel within STEM careers. Our goal as an organization is to empower our team to achieve their personal best, bring people together, and provide equal opportunity to do so regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical ability or disability, or political affiliation. You can learn more on our website here!
Please mention the word **IDOL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.