Posted 26 Oct 2022, 3:45 pm
Senior Data Scientist at Samsara
About the role:
The Samsara AI team builds end-to-end machine learning and computer vision solutions for our customers as well as core ML infrastructure for Samsara. As a Senior Data Scientist you will be a science leader and key contributor in building core models and predictive techniques for use in building and understanding products. You will work closely with other scientists as well as full-stack, firmware, and platform teams to deliver core infrastructure, services, and optimizations.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Build and improve the accuracy of ML / CV models, including retraining and optimizing open-source models to solve Samsara-specific problems
- Work with petabyte-scale data from Samsara camera and sensor devices to develop new models
- Lead org-wide initiatives on science, testing, and data-driven decision making
- Research, adapt, and apply cutting edge techniques in CV and deep learning
- Optimize models for inference on the backend and/or on edge devices
- Partner with our hardware teams to design devices for optimal performance and cost
- Stay connected to industry and academic research and adopt novel technology that suits Samsara’s needs.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or other quantitative field (e.g., Applied Math, Statistics)
- 8+ years experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, or similar role
- Proficiency in data modeling as well as SQL, Python, R, or a similar scripting language
- Ability to distill informal or ambiguous customer and business requirements into crisp problem definitions
- Proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing to technical peers and leadership teams with various levels of technical knowledge
- Experience coaching and mentoring more junior scientists
An ideal candidate also has:
- PhD in Computer Science or quantitative discipline (e.g., Applied Math, Physics, Statistics)
- Strong functional knowledge of common tools like Jupyter Notebooks, AWS (e.g., EMR, Redshift, S3, Sagemaker)
- Record of successful mentoring and development of junior team members
- Experience working with large datasets using distributed computing (e.g., Spark, Hive)
Please mention the word **RENEWED** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok