Posted 26 Oct 2022, 3:45 pm
Engineering Manager Automation at PagerDuty
Engineering Manager - Process Automation Team
at PagerDuty (View all jobs)
As Engineering Manager of the Process Automation team, you'll lead a group of talented software engineers that are building PagerDuty’s Process Automation On Prem software. This product was acquired by PagerDuty in 2020 and has contributed to the company’s accelerated growth and multi-product offering. Process Automation plays a critical role in the Runbook Automation offering released in 2022. These two products will grow hand-in-hand.
While you will start with managing one team, this role has the opportunity to grow to managing part of the Runbook Automation team as well. You will work in partnership with engineering leadership and product managers to evolve the Rundeck suite of products. If you’re looking for a high growth opportunity, this role is a good match for you.
We are looking for a driven individual with a strong track record of software delivery success and capability to develop effective relationships across teams. You are highly technical and have opinions on what good software and architecture look like. You are able to grow and manage a team with diversity and inclusion in mind. Most of all you seek out high impact opportunities and just like to get things done.
Skills & Attributes
- You enable and empower the team to do great work beyond what you could accomplish on your own, not be a micromanager.
- You understand the balance between planning out work and just getting things done
- You have experience helping your teams consistently ship value to customers. You go out of your way to make sure that you articulate that value within, as well as outside of the team.
- You have experience hiring talented senior engineers and supporting them to do impactful work. You have also hired and developed junior engineers to realize their full potential.
- You have excellent ability to communicate in all directions of the org chart and understand the importance of laying out context for the team, instead of prescribing solutions.
- You have an opinion on what good engineering looks like.
- You have a good balance of when to empower your teams and get out of the way, and when to step in and help make some important decisions.
- You have experience managing on-premise software
- Oversee a distributed team of highly motivated engineers spanning all experience levels.
- Work with engineering, product, and UX stakeholders to facilitate project delivery.
- Collaborate with the team on setting the product and technical roadmaps along with plans for getting us there.
- Balance Engineering and Product work into the roadmaps and do the right thing with a long term view in terms of engineering excellence.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to your team to help them learn, grow and succeed.
- Attract, recruit and retain the best talent across the globe.
- Work with other engineering managers to help drive cultural changes across the organization.
- Participate in engineering on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- You have 10+ years of software engineering experience out of which 4+ years in Engineering leadership managing people.
- You have a proven track record of leading teams to deliver high impact work for the business
- You have an aptitude for managing full-stack teams.
- You have an understanding of on-premise and SaaS software systems and technologies, software development lifecycle and have a passion for reliable, scalable and maintainable systems.
- You have experience managing healthy, happy and high achieving teams.
- You have a deep understanding of Agile principles and know how to apply them effectively.
Please mention the word **ENTERTAIN** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok