Posted 26 Oct 2022, 7:10 pm
Vendor Management Expert Senior Expert at Upvest
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
In your role as our future Outsourcing/Vendor Management (Senior) Expert, you will support our team in all activities related to the monitoring of vendor products. You will work very closely with the Head of Brokerage and the COO.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Monitor and drive qualitative performance and accountability of partners with accountability of business results.
Managing the selection and on-boarding of new partner sites in line with the company strategy and risk appetite.
Manage and drive day to day business relationship with outsourced vendors, ie. our vendors in clearing, custody, exchange venues.
Align common understanding on goals, roles and responsibilities with vendors and internal stakeholders. Draw periodic reviews to stay relevant
Negotiate contracts and analyse multiple vendors within the market to fulfill sourcing requirements
Continuous risk analysis of existing partners. Research the market for trends and best practice
Monitor and enforce contractual obligations including accurate billing, staffing, productivity and performance
Establish and manage communication plans between the vendor and internal functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Product
Manage performance metrics of vendor teams and coordinate performance improvement efforts
Schedule and facilitate operations reports and reviews. Coordinate reporting and analytical needs between partners and internal stakeholders
Completed university studies in Business Administration, Economics, or an equivalent degree
You preferably have 3 years of experience in vendor management
Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and relationship management experience
The ability to think and act strategically with clearly defined business objectives in mind and an entrepreneurial can-do mindset with a strong hands-on approach
Knowledge of digital companies and their products, ideally in the area of financial institutions
A commercial mindset, excellent negotiation skills and experience with vendor management
Fluency in English is a must and ideally fluency in German
In-depth knowledge of best-in-class procurement processes - ideally in start-up or entrepreneurial contexts
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
Please mention the word **JOYFULLY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok