Posted 25 Oct 2022, 3:10 pm
Operations Engineer at CloudBees
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Why this role
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Engineering Manager to join the CloudBees Product organization. The role will be responsible for driving the efficiency, effectiveness, and delivery of a team of geographically distributed engineers focusing on the operations and reliability of various internal and external systems. Relying on continuous feedback, you will foster adaptive design, and engineering practices, and drive programs and teams to rally around a shared operational vision that powers engineering at CloudBees.
This position is suitable for an experienced operations engineering manager making decisions that impact the infrastructure used by the CloudBees Product organization - and more directly the engineering teams in that organization.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all operations activities for in-scope systems including design, testing, performance, development, release, monitoring
- Foster agile delivery
- Implement and maintain overall engineering objectives and initiatives
- Confront and solve performance and operational issues to improve development efficiency
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
- Provide leadership to enable a highly effective engineering team including
- Hire and retain the best talent for your team by managing the full lifecycle of team member development.
What The Role Requires
- Demonstrated success in leading/managing engineering teams and software development projects
- 4+ years of software development in a technical leadership capacity
- 2+ years of SRE / Operations / DevOps experience
- Experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Kubernetes, helm, Java, Docker, AWS, GCP, Jenkins.
- DevOps enthusiasm with a passion for modern software development practices including agile, continuous integration and continuous delivery, containerization, outcome driven development, iterative development
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from support or operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Incredible problem solving abilities and facilitation skills
- Ability and willingness to grow alongside our organization by learning new technologies and languages.
- Ability to work autonomously and asynchronously
- Adaptable schedule to handle a distributed team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Talent for leading through influence and inspiring high achievement
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
For California residents, CCPA Notice Disclosure here.
Please mention the word **REWARD** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok