Posted 24 Oct 2022, 11:24 am
Senior Scala Developer at InvestSuite
InvestSuite is a fast-growing global B2B embedded wealth (front-to-middleware) InvestTech provider. We help financial institutions realize their digital wealth transformation journey and together create the most delightful investing experiences for their customers. We have 15 nationalities building in "international DNA" and clients on 4 continents. We are a place where bankers, creative designers, imagineers, mathematicians, computer & behavioral scientists meet. We are builders and growers, obsessed with innovation and the construction of exciting products that benefit the clients of our clients. We are excited to work at the crossroads of ‘the markets’, investing, economics, deep science (AI & machine learning), finance, design and the digital world. Can there be anything more challenging?
Who are we looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Scala Developer who loves to build innovative and high-quality products.
As part of a senior and highly committed team, you will use Scala’s latest patterns and libraries such as Zio, Cats, Akka to build core backend services for our products. You will come into contact with infrastructures such as Kafka and Kubernetes, expose your services as OpenAPI 3.0 services, and you will work in an environment where quality comes first enforced by automated continuous deployment procedures. Consumers of your services are both mobile apps and web apps managed by InvestSuite as well as 3rd party services and applications.
- Deploy applications that meet our customer’s highest demands in terms of performance, availability and security
- Design and implement clean and scalable public and internal APIs
- Take full responsibility for certain identified backend support components
Target profile & traits
- Highly driven and committed - you deliver high-quality products within deadlines
- Solution-minded - you avoid politics & find effective ways to get the job done
- Direct and open - you are always willing to share and speak your mind
- Smart and creative - you find creative ways to get things done & accomplish goals
- Customer centric - you seek to delight customers/users with all your work
- Quality-minded - you deliver top quality & expect the same from others
- Naturally curious - you crave new knowledge & best practices about your field
Required skills & experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field - or equivalent professional experience
- At least 4 years of Scala experience (not counting education)
- Knowledge about / experience with:
- Zio ecosystem (a must)
- English fluency - spoken & written
- Proactivity & problem-solving skills. Proactive in solving risks and issues in a timely manner, or to re-prioritize on close collaboration with the product owner if required
- Experience with agile project approaches (Scrum)
Other skills & experience we would love to see
- Knowledge & experience with reactive architecture, microservices and containerization technologies such as Docker
- Expertise in writing unit tests and end to end platform integration tests
- Experience with automated build, test and deploy pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud and serverless architectures as well as infrastructure as code
- Passion for technologies for distributed messaging such as Kafka, Akka
- Affinity with financial markets and wealth management
Be part of a growing team of interdisciplinary experts in fields such as: math, software engineering, AI, data science, design and UX. Join us and enjoy:
- An international environment: We have offices in Leuven, Warsaw, London and Sydney and are present in many countries in EU but also other continents.
- Attractive remuneration: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We provide the tools you need such as a MacBook Pro and iPhone.
- Self-development: We actively encourage you to join conferences and trainings to improve your knowledge and widen your network.
- Equal opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression.
Please mention the word **FAST** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok