Posted 22 Oct 2022, 5:10 pm
Engineering Manager at Zerion
Sorry, but this job listing has expired!
Who we are:
Zerion is the ultimate investment interface for decentralized finance (DeFi) and NFTs, allowing users to discover every asset on the market, trade at the best rates and manage their entire portfolio from one place.
• 200K+ Monthly Active Users
• One of the largest players in the mobile DeFi space
• $700M+ transaction volume year to date
• 55k Zerion NFTs claimed in a recent campaign
We believe in an open financial future: one where people own the assets and have inclusive access to opportunities around the world.
We're looking for an experienced and driven Engineering Manager to help us grow and solidify our engineering team. You will focus on the people and engineering process so that we can continue to ship best in class Web3 applications.
About the role:
As the first engineering manager in Zerion you will play a key role in scaling or organizing our engineering team. As of today or team is structured as autonomous product oriented squads working on Data Integrity, Stickiness and First transaction experience. We are looking for the person who can establish best practices of engineering management and people growth inside the team. Essentially it is a great opportunity to contribute into the company’s culture in pre-growth stage startup. You will help form the critical bridge between leadership, product, and engineering, and define metrics, processes, and practices to ensure the team is delivering meaningful impact to Zerion.
What we’ll do:Ensure the engineering team is able to deliver quality projects at a fast pace.Manage and build a constructive feedback loop in your team and stakeholders.Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.Lead, improve, and document processes for technical prioritization, planning, design, implementation and releases.Create healthy team practices.Recruit and hire new engineers to the team.Maintain and strengthen a team and community culture of growth, openness, trust, care, mutual support, and psychological safety.
What we are looking for:Technical knowledge to discuss issues, approaches, and solutions in depth.Experience leading geographically distributed teams.Experienced in scaling an engineering team and infrastructure at a fast-growing organization.At least 4 years of direct Software Engineering experience.At least 2 years of engineering management experience.Passionated about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
You're likely to succeed if you have:You have experience attracting, retaining, and growing great Software Engineering talent.Execution focused with an ability to navigate ambiguity.Experience creating, delivering, and operating distributed systems at scale.Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning.
You are likely a perfect candidate if you have:Worked at growth stage startups from 50+ employeesActively coached, mentored and incentivized team members in their careers remotely.Pay close attention to detail and have a passion for building products to the highest standards across many dimensions (user experience, performance, reliability, security).
Bonus points:Founder / Startup experience.You aped into degen tokens or NFTs and got rekt a few timesExperience scaling products through constant learning and experimentation, in fast-paced and rapidly changing industries.Passion for snowboarding, wake surfing, skateboarding, kitesurfing or other active sports.
Please see the responsibilities described above as a combination of expectations and opportunities. We do not expect everyone to be good at everything. Everything sounds great except one or two things? Please ask about them!
Compensation and Benefits:
• Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial inclusion across the world. You’ll also be joining us at the beginning of a new chapter giving you the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
• Culture: You'll work in a thriving, friendly, startup environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
• People: You'll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space
• Salary & benefits: Get a competitive salary and stock options
• Unlimited days off: We want our employees to recharge their batteries and explore who they are outside of the office.
• Distributed Team: Zerion is a fully remote team with team members all over the world. We believe in asynchronous collaboration, finding your own work rhythm, and a healthy work-life balance. We also have a physical presence in several major cities around the world to make remote work seamless and fun.
Please mention the word **SPOTLESS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok