Posted 18 Jun 2022, 11:15 am
Director of Product Design at Forage
An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want every student to have the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and thus, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a fast-growing mission-oriented start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Blackbird, Telstra Ventures, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
We are looking for an experienced design leader to build out and lead our Design function. The ideal candidate will have experience growing aspiring individuals at every stage of their career, influencing cross-functional leadership on the importance of design, and a history of delivering best-in-class experiences that lead to impactful outcomes on time.
This is an opportunity to build a team and instill a design culture in the way you’ve always imagined, for a company with an incredible mission, and with a super passionate yet humble group of people.
- Define and execute upon a vision for design, and how design affects our product, our processes, and our people
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of Product Designers that consistently delivers on projects with the level of design quality that functionally drives desired customer and business outcomes and emotionally moves our users
- Foster a culture of exploration of new ideas, pushing the boundaries of how challenging problems can be solved through visual and UX
- Provide design direction to continually up-level the quality of the design work
- Partner closely and facilitate processes with cross functional team members and leadership across organizations
- Scale design across the organization through strategic resourcing and prioritization and building out a design system for reuse
- Collaborate closely with marketing to establish our brand
- Develop design talent and clear career growth paths where designers can grow in their careers
- Strong background and work experience in Product Design
- Visual Design experience a plus
- Proven leadership experience managing Product Design managers and individual contributors
- Experience growing a strategic design practice, both from scratch and at a larger scale
- Track record of leading design teams that deliver on time and drives successful customer and business outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and can inspire through engaging storytelling
- Experience establishing a design system and deploying its usage across the org
- Experience leading a successful visual brand refresh
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Top-tier medical, vision, and dental plan for you and your dependents
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA)
- Home office setup stipend
- Flexible work schedule
- Equity compensation plan
- Access to office space in NY and SF
- Access to an employee assistance program and a professional development fund
- 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver and 8 weeks of parental leave for the non-primary caregiver
- Full paid day off to celebrate a holiday of choice
- Commuter benefits
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective and you like being creative. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Colorado and New York Residents
Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and New York City Human Rights Law requires employers to provide the salary information for positions that are located in or can be remote from the State of Colorado or located in New York State. The median salary for this position is $210k USD plus equity. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual qualifications. Please email email@example.com for any questions.
Be sure to mention the word **ENDORSEMENT** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok