Posted 21 Sept 2022, 6:15 pm
Senior Platform Engineer Infrastructure at Upvest
We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures) by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow) and Bessemer Venture Partners in the USA.
We’re based in Berlin but would consider hiring remotely for this role. If you do want to move to Berlin though, we’re happy to support your relocation.
At Upvest, our vision is to make investing as easy as spending money. By enabling any business to offer investment opportunities, our goal is to empower anyone to invest. Today, we count 100+ talented people from 20 different countries.
As our next Platform Engineer, you will join our Platform team (together with Paul, Martins, Eutychus, Jeff, Temo & Sergei). You will play an important role in engineering our infrastructure by making it as automated and scalable as possible while maintaining a high degree of security.
The platform team’s objectives include creating a robust, secure, resilient, and observable infrastructure for our Product Engineering teams to build products on as well as provide all the needed tooling for them to be productive on the Platform. Our principles include infrastructure-as-code, security first, zero trust, and least privilege principles. Platform team’s job is to enable and empower Product teams to deliver Products on the Platform in a more productive way. The platform team does this by mapping out Product teams’ requirements, formulating a roadmap and plans on what kind of tooling and automation needs to be in place and executing on those plans.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Contributing to the development of our infrastructure and architectural decisions
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline
- Partnering with the product engineering teams to improve services
- Driving DevOps mindset and collaboration within Engineering Department
- Contribute to the platform development in Go with a focus on scalability and stability
- Proactively testing the flexibility and resilience of the system (and keep improving our monitoring & observability)
- Establishing communication and documentation best practices throughout the entire software development lifecycle (development, deployment, and incident management)
- Providing operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Gathering and analyzing system metrics to assist in improving performance and finding faults
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform
- Prior experience with Cloud computing (ideally with GCP)
- Deep knowledge of modern monitoring and observability
- Knowledge of operating Kafka in high availability environments
- High level of pragmatism
It's nice if you have:
- Knowledge of our modern tech-stack (Go, Docker, K8S, Postgres, Kafka), SRE, service meshes, API gateways, and observability
- Experience working in the fintech domain
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we hire decent people, who are passionate about their craft and helping us achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer, as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- Learn and grow. We aim high to shape our future. We give and request honest feedback knowing that we develop together. Progression over Perfection.
- Team first. We make it easy for others. We value our differences and are open to others' opinions. We win and celebrate together! Team over Egos.
- Own the outcome. Whether we win or we lose, we stand together. We are proactive and get the job done. Outcome over Process.
- Tell the story. We always start with the why. We share knowledge to empower others. Transparency over Complexity.
Please mention the word **REMEDY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok