Posted 20 Sept 2022, 10:39 pm
Social Media Coordinator at Starts With Us
The role will help source and produce social media content, craft captions/copywriting and ultimately schedule and post to go live across our channels which includes but are not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube. To succeed in this role, the candidate must be deeply plugged into the daily news cycle from politics and social issues to pop culture, including trending memes, topics, and sounds, and should be excited to develop relevant, timely social creative ideas daily that help scale our movement’s relevance and impact.
Candidates should have strong working knowledge of the various social platforms and good copywriting skills. Graphic design experience is a nice-to-have but by no means required.
- Assist in the planning of the social media programming calendar including brainstorm, ideation, UGC sourcing, and producing content (text, image, and video across channels
- Partner with creative teams to produce assets that are on brand and optimal for social distribution
- Copywriting and crafting captions that are on brand and in voice
- Posting content optimally and accurately across social platforms with a strong understanding of nuances across each social channel
- Follow social media industry trends and news for the latest features and best practices, and incorporate them into our processes.
- Assist community manager in interactions and engagement with our audience
- Assist in team processes, and keep things organized by maintaining tracking documents and communication materials, creative briefs, etc.
- Assist with daily, weekly and monthly social media tracking/performance data
- Passionate about social media and the mission and goals of Starts With Us, with a good answer for why it speaks to you
- A strong writer and communicator with an appetite for taking risks and pushing brand voice
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, and relentlessly solutions-oriented
- Plugged into the latest popular culture, trending news, and cultural zeitgeist
- Detail-oriented. You are the eyes, ears, and voice of our brand and our final line of defense for social content
- Comfortable in a remote work environment
- Someone who operates with kindness, transparency, integrity, and grit
- 1-2 years of social media experience (including internships) in media/entertainment, non-profit, or publishing
- Exceptional copywriting skills; ability to think and write with nuance on complex topics quickly – the successful candidate will undertake a brief copywriting assignment as part of the interview process
- Professional familiarity/expertise with platforms including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Demonstrated interest in a career in social media
- A Bachelor’s Degree
Who We Are:
Starts With Us (SWU) is a growing movement to overcome extreme cultural and political divisions in America, leveraging media and technology to foster independent thinking and constructive communication across lines of difference. The initiative was launched in December 2021 in response to escalating patterns of extreme thinking and blind tribalism in the US. We are building out the founding team that will scale the Starts With Us movement to achieve our mission. If you’re excited to join a passionate team, partner with influential leaders, and forge an innovative path to social change, we want to hear from you. Starts With Us is incubated by The Lubetzky Family Foundation (LFF). Created by KIND Snacks Founder Daniel Lubetzky, LFF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to finding solutions to society’s greatest challenges.
At Lubetzky Family Foundation we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Lubetzky Family Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Please mention the word **ENRAPTURE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok