Posted 16 Jun 2022, 10:15 pm
Head of Internal Payroll at Gusto
Head of Internal Payroll
Gusto’s Accounting team is looking for a talented payroll expert to help support our growing organization and wrap up our year end! We are looking for someone who thrives in a positive work environment surrounded by mission driven teammates.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Act as subject matter expert of the team and oversee and lead payroll processing of over 2,000 exempt and nonexempt employees in the United States, Canada, and Israel (with more to come!).
- Complete on-and off-cycle payroll processing activities, for multi-state U.S. and international payrolls, accurately, timely, and efficiently in compliance with all federal, state/provincial, local, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform audits on data and system maintenance, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax forms processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, and garnishments processing
- Follow, develop, and maintain internal control policies, procedures, and compliance with respect to the payroll process, including, but not limited to pay policies, payroll calendars, payroll checklists, process maps and other procedural documentation.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed and maintained, and service level agreements are met by the team (e.g., response times and resolution of tickets).
- Provide client support to all areas of the organization in the United States and internationally, which can include: payroll processing, ticket management, issue trend analysis, and project related work.
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience processing domestic and international payroll.
- Strong leadership experience; empowering high performing teams.
- Experience processing payroll for exempt and nonexempt employees using Workday.
- Experience with processing payroll volume of over 2,500 employees.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- A capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $154,000 to $225,000 in San Francisco & New York and $131,000 to $202,000 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to mention the word **ENCHANTING** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok