Posted 15 Sept 2022, 4:15 pm
Senior Data Scientist Veterans Affairs at Ad Hoc Company Website
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The Veterans Affairs business unit helps transform the VA into a modern digital services organization where Veteran outcomes are at the center of every effort. We partner with the Office of the Chief Technology Officer - Digital Experience, the Office of Information Technology, Veterans Health Administration and Veterans Benefits Administration to design and deliver seamless user experiences for Veterans, their Families and Caregivers and VA employees. By applying better practices in service design, product management and technology, we enable VA to increase the usage, throughput, quality and reliability of services and decrease the time Veterans spend waiting for outcomes.
The Data Visualization Engineer is responsible for extracting and translating data into interactive graphics, data visualizations and dashboards within data visualization and data analytics tools. A Data Visualization Engineer will collaborate with researchers and have an understanding of design concepts to develop dashboards required to visually convey metrics defined by data owners, and stakeholders.
The Data Visualization Engineer is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining user-friendly visualizations and dashboards, identifying and extracting complex datasets from different sources
- Supports the data validation process, identifying anomalies and seeking corrective action when identified during the dashboard development process
- Collaborate with User Researchers, Designers and Data Analysts to implement dashboards and reports
- Ability to identify specific data elements required to implement and maintain business intelligence (BI) portal(s) and reports
- Architect, develop, validate and communicate BI solutions such as reports, dashboards, templates, key performance indicators (KPIs) and alerts
- Ability to evaluate user statistics, and continuously improve dashboards and reports to enhance the User Experience
- Identify incomplete data, improve data quality, and integrate data from multiple sources
- Proficient in constructing complex SQL queries.
- Implements data best practices to ensure a common and recognizable visual language for all data users and sources
- Utilize data visualization and analytical tools inclusive of MicroStrategy, Tableau, Looker, SAS, and Redash
- Experience with Confluence, Jira and SharePoint to manage program documentation and work progress
- Familiarity with Python and R programming languages
- Familiarity with leveraging front-end visualization frameworks such as D3 through SDK’s to create customized visuals inside of data visualization tools
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $101,570 - $136,994 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Please mention the word **FAIR** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok