Posted 7 Sept 2022, 0:45 pm
Engineering Manager Candidate Experience at HackerRank
We are revolutionizing technical hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that enables our customers to assess technical skills effectively. We are growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and based remotely within India.
Our mission is to accelerate the world’s innovation, by helping companies hire the best tech talent in the most efficient manner. We have a team that is dedicated to building the next generation solutions, which requires innovation and meticulous execution. We are looking for an able engineering leader who can guide the team through this journey.
Your work will directly impact the lives of millions of developers as you build the platform for them to showcase their skills and get hired. You will be responsible for building systems that back the Screen product line, specifically focusing on providing the best developer experience. You’d be working on helping us scale our Screen product to handle over 100K concurrent test takers to support large country-wide remote hiring events. As part of this, you will also need to build a platform to provide world-class developer experience (Coding editor, Autocomplete, Linting, Ability to run code easily, etc) on the cloud at scale.
You’d be working on helping us grow the Screen product so it can become the de-facto standard for companies to do technical screening. We are looking for a strong engineering leader to help us scale this team and product even further.
You will be working on:
- Hire and grow the team
- Execute the product plans and manage delivery commitments
- Mentor the engineers in the team and help them deliver to the best of their abilities
- Set clear career paths for your team members and help every individual pursue their growth path
- Architect a system that can support real-time collaboration at scale and support a ton of features that help in conducting interviews
- Work very closely with the product team to develop and curate the product roadmap
- Define clear goals on a quarterly basis for the team and guide the team with the execution
- Own and drive the tech roadmap. Plan and deliver on a quarterly basis.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the team within the scrum framework
We are looking for:
- Excellent architecture design skills. Ability to drive technical discussions and help fellow engineers make critical choices
- 6+ years of software development experience. 2+ years of engineering leadership experience
- Have experience in managing a full stack team, setting goals, and leading performance appraisal conversations.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing backend components, frontend components, and persistence models along the lines of 12-factor apps
- Hands-on experience in designing and building microservices and familiarity with cloud-native landscape
- Have experience in hiring and mentoring great talent
- Have experience in designing and building large scale web services
- Bias for action with a keen eye for detail. Be data-driven
Benefits & Perks:
We have a full package of competitive benefits and perks which include:
- One-time home office set up stipend
- Monthly Remote Work Enablement Stipend
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Wellbeing Benefits (Headspace, Ginger, Carrot, Cleo, etc)
- Unlimited paid time off, paid leave for new parents, and flexible work hours
- Insurance for all employees (term life, personal accident, medical) along with medical insurance for their dependents
- COVID 19 insurance to employees and dependents
- Employee stock options, flexible work hours, and time off
HackerRank is a Y Combinator alumnus backed by tier-one Silicon Valley VCs with total funding of over $58 million. The HackerRank Developer Skills Platform is the standard for assessing developer skills for 2,800+ companies across industries and 15M+ developers around the world. Companies like LinkedIn, Stripe, and Peloton rely on HackerRank to objectively evaluate skills against millions of developers at every step of the hiring process, allowing teams to hire the best and reduce engineering time. Developers rely on HackerRank to turn their skills into great jobs. We’re data-driven givers who take full ownership of our work and love delighting our customers!
HackerRank is a proud equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal opportunity to everyone for employment on the basis of individual performance and qualification. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please mention the word **ROOMY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok