Posted 7 Sept 2022, 0:45 pm
Data Engineer KrakÃ³w at Craft
About the Company
Craft.co is a supplier intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other company cohorts. Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies, government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups, and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence, market intelligence and related use cases. Through our modular, secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere, but are not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. The Craft team is globally distributed with headquarters in San Francisco and an office in London. We fully support and encourage remote workers, and have team members across North America and Europe. We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about building delightful software to join our rapidly growing team!
A Note to Candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity, equity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About The Role
Craft is looking for an experienced and motivated Data Engineer to join a team responsible for a key product within the organization. As a core member of this team you will have a great say in how solutions are engineered and delivered. Craft gives engineers a lot of responsibility, which is matched by our investment in their growth and development. We are growing quickly, and the only limits to your future growth with Craft are your interests and abilities.
In this role you will:
- Build and optimize data pipelines (batch & streaming) for big data systems
- Extract, Analyze and Model rich & diverse data sets
- Apply data mining to techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarization to extract value from our data sets
- Design software that is easily testable and maintainable
- Ensure data analysis is in line with company policies and regulations
- Support Data Engineering Lead in setting Data Strategies and vision
- Keep track of emerging technologies & trends in the Data Engineering world, incorporating modern tooling and best practices at Craft
- Work on extendable data processing system that allows to add and scale pipelines with low-code approach
What We’re Looking For:
- People that show curiosity through asking questions, digging into to new technologies, and always trying to grow.
- 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with Python
- Knowledge and experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code tools.
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative.
- Strong problem solving and the ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Have fundamental and deep knowledge of data engineering techniques: ETL (Batch & Streaming), DWH, Data Lakes, MPP
- Data analytical and statistical background would be a large plus
- Professional fluency in English, both written and spoken is required
- Our current technology stack:
- AWS Services: S3, Batch, Athena, Lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, Redshift, RDS / Aurora Postgres, DynamoDB
- Data Pipelines: Python, SQL, Pandas, Dask, aws-data-wrangler, Papermill, Airflow, Prefect
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary at a well-funded, fast-growing startup
- 28 Days of Annual Leave so you can take the time you need to refresh!
- Premium Benefits including Medical + Dental + Vision Insurance
- Uncapped Sick Leave so you can focus on your health when you need it
- 100% Remote work!
- zł 400 Monthly Wellness/Learning stipend (Gym memberships, meals, snacks, books, classes, conferences, etc.)
- zł 2,000 Workstation Allowance (standing desk, chair, monitor, etc)
Please mention the word **DIGNIFIED** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok