Posted 5 Jul 2022, 2:05 am
Government Relations Officer at Tulloch Consulting
Area: Government Affairs
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Employment Status: Full-time permanent
Salary Range: $103,865-118,000
Commission Eligible: To be determined
Serving the immigration industry since 1996, Uniques Software Corp – the producer of Officio, a SaaS-based service – is a recognized software provider in the Canadian and Australian immigration/migration industry. Officio’s Enterprise solution serves numerous governments with their e-filing, processing, and workflow needs.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Government Relations Officer. This is a contract-based, remote position.
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Government Relations Officer will interact with local, provincial, federal, and international bodies and government agencies to initiate, grow, and maintain Officio Enterprise’s business plans and interests. The successful candidate will be a highly reputable, diplomatic, and charismatic individual who has extensive experience working with various levels of government both within Canada and internationally.
- Research and monitor government activities that could afford opportunities for Officio Enterprise.
- Assist senior management with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory activities related to the immigration industry.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with members of the local, provincial, federal, and international government bodies and agencies.
- Join immigration industry committees and seek leadership roles.
- Collaborate with immigration industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
- Testify before government committees in support of Officio and/or the immigration industry.
- Introduce legislative and public policy changes that will support Officio’s operations.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 10 years of government-related work experience.
- A proven track record of working with various levels of government and producing constructive, collaborative results.
- Prior experience working with government procurement departments.
- Prior experience responding to Requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Public Relations, or a related field required; MBA or law degree preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to communicate across a range of diverse cultures and government structures.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong government contacts at local, provincial, federal, and international levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong diplomacy abilities.
- Proven self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to RFPs.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Fluency/familiarity in other languages is an asset.
- This position is remote, with some domestic and international travel.
What We Offer:
- Very competitive compensation.
- All equipment necessary to fill the role will be provided.
- Paid travel expenses, including flights, hotel, and meals.
Officio is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlines by federal, provincial, or local laws.
This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Officio makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, demonstrating how they meet the criteria. While Officio appreciates all applications, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Be sure to mention the word **PLEASURABLE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok