Posted 5 Jul 2022, 3:35 am
Lead Software Developer at Makeship
About the Company
Makeship exists to empower influencers, creators, and brands of all sizes to develop and launch limited edition products that matter to their fans. Leveraging our design, manufacturing, and marketing expertise, we work with our partners to bring their product to life through our community-powered crowd-funding platform. Each product is given a window of 21 days to be funded by the community before we produce and ship to fans worldwide. We put our brand behind every product and guarantee quality and ethical sourcing. We're profitable, have grown the team from 3 to 60+ people in under 3 years, and we’re growing at an average annual growth rate of 400%+.
About the Role
As an early member of the engineering team, you’ll play a huge role in shaping our culture, our process, and the future of Makeship. Every day, you’ll collaborate cross-functionally, learn more about the content creation space, and watch your work make a measurable impact.
We want this to be the best work experience of your life, so we’ll pay you well, offer great benefits, and invest deeply in your personal growth.
What We Are Looking For
As a startup in one of the fastest-moving industries on Earth, our teams deploy new products and features at a rapid pace. We are looking for a Lead Software Developer with an ability to make smart technical tradeoff decisions quickly. You will collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure your solutions optimally serve Creators, Fans, and our business. The code you deploy will impact 10M+ users (and counting) as we provide new ways for Creators to express their creativity, connect with fans, and fund their dream job.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working with PM and design to influence product roadmap and launch new products
- Leading and implementing the technical design of new projects and features
- Breaking complex technical projects into smaller pieces and delegating to other devs
- Improving our codebase and ensuring our software architecture is ready for scale
- Serving as a technical mentor for teammates looking to deepen their craft
- Implementing and refining best practices within the engineering team
- NOTE: we expect this role to involve roughly 70% coding, 30% technical leadership
What You Bring
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience contributing to system design or architecture
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead, or leading an engineering team
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication with peers and non-technical colleagues
- Discipline in organizing and documenting complex work
Nice to have
- Education in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with AWS, Go, React, Next.js, Typescript, and/or event driven architecture
- Interest in the content creation space: art, animation, gaming, and entertainment!
Benefits & Perks
- Work remotely anywhere in Canada and/or access any of our hubs
- Health and dental benefits 100% employer-paid
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 1 week of paid time off during the holidays
- 2 mental health and wellness days
- Paid time off on your birthday
- Monthly phone allowance
- $400 home office setup allowance
- Pregnancy and parental leave top-up program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee referral program
Makeship is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Be sure to mention the word **SUFFICE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok