Posted 1 Jul 2022, 11:30 am
Senior Software Engineer II at 2U edX
What We’re Looking For:
We’re seeking a full-stack Software Engineer to join the edX Enterprise Reach team, a team focused on developing and maintaining features that power our edX for Business offering. The team’s current major initiative involves improving the onboarding experience for B2B customers and enabling them to seamlessly connect their learners to edX platforms. You will join a team of full stack engineers dedicated to designing and building products that attract new customers, scaling our systems to support existing customers, and integrating with 3rd party software. Interested in solving business and engineering problems that will have a global impact?
Working closely with Product Management and UX, the Enterprise Reach team strives to help companies upskill their workers by providing seamless integrations with edX content. The Reach team builds and supports tools for prospective customers to learn more about the enterprise offering, and for current customers to manage and customize their integrations.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and key stakeholders to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide technical mentorship to team members and provide feedback on code reviews
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 6+ years of full-stack coding experience and a deep knowledge of frontend architecture and best practices.
- Real-world experience with developing and deploying large web applications in modern web frameworks.
- The ability to problem solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and learn from both success and failure.
- A collaborative mindset and willingness to share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, presentations, etc.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience working with React, Python & Django.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with accessibility best practices and compliant front-end development standards.
- Familiarity with open source frameworks.
- An interest in enabling and integrating open source contributions.
- BS in Computer Science or related experience.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
About 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $120,000.00 with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
Be sure to mention the word **PEACEFUL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok