Posted 1 Jul 2022, 8:00 pm
G O Media SVP of People at G/O Media
G/O Media connects with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about. G/O Media reaches 115MM unique visitors monthly and includes Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion Inc.
About the Role:
G/O Media is currently looking for a SVP-Head of People to lead our People team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for defining and executing our people operations strategy. As the Head of People Ops, you will design and evaluate career paths, oversee all HR functions, and partner with department leads to guide and drive the organization. You will be responsible for organization development, compensation, benefits, talent management, HR operations, employee and labor union compliance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish relationships with management that allow for training, career pathing, performance management, compensation, recognition programs and strategic development
- Liaise with the labor union and EVP, General Counsel regarding union matters
- Assisting the People team in solving complicated organizational challenges that motivate and assist in retaining employees
- Continue to evolve company policies and procedures to ensure compliance and best practices
- Create a performance review process and manage employee relations
- Work with team leads to identify performance and engagement benchmarks and incentives for employees, while helping to plan talent and team structure moving towards the future
- Advocate for the employee experience across the company
- Analyze the effectiveness of our HR procedures and tools
- Maintain and update the employee handbook to stay current with new employment laws and address any new company policies
- Special projects as directed by the CEO
- 10+ years of HR experience, preferably in the media, advertising or entertainment industry
- Proven record of success in setting and executing a vision for an HR functions
- Ability to influence change and manage across an organization, including at the executive level
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to execute and build scalable processes and systems
- Passion for diversity and inclusion in every and all capacities
- Familiarity with HRIS software (ADP preferred), metrics, and various analytics and reporting systems and capabilities
- Strong understanding of labor legislation
- Excellent communication skills and a positive, entrepreneurial, service-oriented mindset
- PHR and SPHR is a plus
- Union experience desired
This position is based in office at G/O Media's headquarters in New York City.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Be sure to mention the word **INSIGHTFUL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok