Posted 22 Jun 2022, 3:23 pm
Data Engineer at Doximity
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine's largest network in the United States, there's an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don't take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
- You have professional experience developing data processing, enrichment, transformation, and integration solutions.
- You are fluent in Python and SQL.
- You are no stranger to data warehousing and designing data models.
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate for high code quality, automated testing, design patterns, and other engineering best practices.
- You care deeply about the data being generated. You study the data and extract insights from it before you process it.
- You are user experience and product focused. You build solutions while thinking about the impact it has on our users and enhances the product.
- You are able to work within an existing data architecture finding gaps in it and enhancing it to ensure solutions are fault tolerant, scalable, and easy to iterate upon.
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions.
- You can see a project from end-to-end, from idea generation, planning, execution through delivering.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Collaborate with product managers, data analysts, and machine learning engineers to develop pipelines and ETL tasks in order to facilitate the extraction of insights.
- Build, maintain, and scale data pipelines that empower Doximity’s products.
- Establish data architecture processes and practices that can be scheduled, automated, replicated and serve as standards for other teams to leverage.
- Work alongside others in planning and carrying out the implementation of solutions that are focused on enhancing products, leading one or two projects at any given time.
- Explore our stack
- We have over 500 private repositories in Github containing our pipelines, our own internal multi-functional tools, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, educational resources and conference access
- Family support and planning benefits
- Stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Be sure to mention the word **MARVELOUSNESS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok