Posted 21 Jun 2022, 7:20 am
Director of Product Design at Tagboard
Who we are
Tagboard is a distributed B2B SaaS start-up, growing fast and serving the exciting verticals of news, sports, and entertainment. Our platform enables media producers all over the world to create live and interactive stories, with real-time social content and graphics, to be used across broadcast television and connected screens across events (virtual and in-person), venues, web, and mobile. You have likely seen Tagboard in action a million times and didn’t know it- from hundreds of local news stations to national programming on FOX Sports, CNN, NFL Network, and more- producers all over the world are creating award-winning programming using Tagboard.
At Tagboard, you’ll work with a strong team of smart, driven, and fun people who come to work every day passionate about changing the way stories are told. We collaborate daily, across industries, with some of the most passionate and creative storytellers in the world.
About the role
As the Director of Product Design, you are responsible for growing and mentoring the UX and Product Design team, implementing and managing design processes, and cross-functional partnerships. You have an impeccable eye for design and detail, and you are comfortable in an ambiguous and fast-paced startup environment. You have a deep understanding of Lean Product and Lean UX practices, and know how UX Design fits into an increasingly Empowered Product Team.
You have experience building and leading design teams and have a track record of delivering business impact and delivering exceptional, visual polish, experiences, and complex interactions. You are a proven leader and excellent communicator and never shy away from a challenge. You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineers, marketers, and executives.
Your day to day journey at Tagboard will provide adventure, excitement, and some of the below
- Lead our current Design team and build out our future team
- Craft user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering in taking product specs/requirements from concept to execution, transforming them into intuitive, user-friendly application features.
- Learn from customer usage and leverage feedback and data to continually iterate, innovate, and evolve the product.
- Take an active and involved role in the definition of our product strategy for both new and existing functionality
- Work with a cross-functional team throughout the entire product development cycle: from concept development to execution to launch, advocating for our users and our brand along the way
- Partner with our brand and creative team to refine and evolve our design system to enable efficient, consistent, and scalable product development
- Design and build custom visualizations for customers using Tagboards in-product design tools, as well as a combination of HTML, CSS and CSS animations.
- Engage in product brainstorming meetings to gather and distill users’ feedback, in order to come up with solutions and wireframes for new products and features.
- Participate in product design meetings.
To thrive in this role you will need most of these qualifications
- Impeccable track record of designing successful enterprise SaaS products
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coach designers in a fast paced, evolving SaaS environment
- Demonstrated track record of partnership with product management and engineering in creating missionary product teams
- Deep understanding of goal-focused interaction design process
- Deep understanding general principles of interaction design and user experience
- Established process for creating design solutions that enable users to achieve their jobs to be done
- Deep understanding of visual hierarchy, composition, color theory, rhythm, and accessibility
- Knowledgeable about, and an advocate for, design research
- Deep understanding and established practice of usability testing throughout design lifecycle
- Strong practice of measuring the success of designs through key interaction metrics and goal achievement rates
- Skilled in giving feedback, creating accountability and building trust
- A life-long learner, always looking for the next book for insight and inspiration
- Curious and empathetic about the customer's problems
- Driven with a strong sense of urgency in solving the most important problems
- Ability to transform ambiguous problem spaces into products with clear vision
- An exceptional communicator: You share your design thinking by stating upfront the design goals and user flows you are solving for. You can verbalize why certain choices were made and the pros/cons of any alternatives you considered.
- Open-minded, self-aware and humble - you take feedback without defensiveness and will incorporate others’ perspectives if they make sense.
- An ownership mentality - You possess a natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. You feel accountable for the usability and customer experience of everything your team designs.
- Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture.
And a few perks of working at Tagboard
- 4% 401k matching
- Yearly discretionary bonus
- Tech Stipend of $100 per month for internet and phone.
- Summer Fridays Off – From Memorial Day to Labor Day we take Fridays off!
- 100% Paid Health insurance for all employees and their dependents
- One time home office set up allowance of $2000
- Learning and development stipend of $1500
- Minimum vacation policy – take at least 2 weeks per year for vacation (we track it to remind you to actually take it off) and encourage mental and physical wellness days.
- Parental Leave- Highly encouraged 12-week flexible, and fully paid, leave for all parents; birthing, foster, and adoption.
Tagboard is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not simply accept difference, we celebrate it- we are empowered by it (one of our values is Empowered by Diversity). We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1-425-522-4484.
Be sure to mention the word **USEFUL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok