Posted 1 Jul 2022, 9:30 pm
Senior Product Design Manager Rider Application at Lyft
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a Senior Design Manager to lead our Rider App team. As a design manager you will lead a team of product designers, providing direction and guidance of their team’s output, as well as stewarding best practices in cross-functional partnership and design process. Our Rider App team is responsible for our Rider Experience by creating a best-in-class platform that allows Riders to easily and delightfully get where they need to go. In addition this team leads innovation on rider strategies, behaviors and use cases that continue to bring us closer to the future we envision for Lyft Riders. You will propagate a strong design practice, build an effective foundation, influence strategy and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. Design managers also provide design mentorship and are a champion for values, craft and career development, helping to create the spaces and structures that allow designers to create their best work.
You have both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, innovate and impact the business. You have experience leading teams designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web) and desktop web, and you have a strong track record and a body of work that demonstrates clear wins to user and business impact, as well as the particulars in overall experience, visual polish, animations, and complex interactions.
You are a thoughtful and proven leader, a storyteller, an excellent communicator, and a cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and stakeholders that care deeply about creating human-focused, beautiful, high-impact products.
We’re intent on raising the bar with smart, delightful solutions that lock-in on user needs and tightly align with company priorities. We also want teammates that are passionate about technology, community, and finding better ways to bring people together.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas. Explore divergent concepts and create trajectory for the company
- Influence user lifecycle product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issues to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, and web
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across organizations, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team
- Step change productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team and cross functional teams
- 4+ years of experience managing and scaling design teams
- Background in product design (UX/UI), with a focus on mobile
- Ability to think big and understand complex feature sets
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and mobile web
- Strong information design experience with a solid foundation in UX design heuristics
- Strong growth mindset and passion for data driven impact
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Applied experience with design and prototyping tools: Figma preferred
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $217,360-$242,000, depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
Be sure to mention the word **SKILLFUL** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok