Posted 28 Jun 2022, 4:24 pm
Python Platform Engineer at Doximity
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine's largest network in the United States, there's an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don't take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
Data engineers on our data services team provide standardized tools, frameworks and libraries to empower data pipelining and analytics endeavors through a horizontally scalable data stack. The data services team is responsible for continuously improving the software environment for our data analysts, machine learning engineers, and data engineers at Doximity. Effectively maintaining and evolving the software layer on which all data teams at Doximity build.
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in the U.S.
How you’ll make an impact
- Collaborate with data analysts, data engineers, and machine learning engineers to understand their future needs and current blockers to ensure the Doximity data stack will meet future needs and reduce existing blockers
- Understand what our data product teams are trying to achieve. Principally, to help you propose, architect, design, and implement solutions and best practices to maximize the time they can spend on their immediate goals. While minimizing the time they need to spend on unrelated or redundant technical hurdles
- Continuously improve our software engineering culture within the data organization by leading through example
- Work with other teams on isolating and understanding development, performance, and stability issues - together with the data infrastructure team, you will be part of the last line of defense to resolve problems facing members of our data teams
What we’re looking for
- You have professional data engineering or internal tooling experience with a focus on supporting several product teams concurrently
- You are fluent in Python and SQL and have some lower-level understanding of programming language internals, Linux, and networking.
- You understand what separates good and bad data pipelines
- You are foremost an engineer, making you passionate about high code quality, automated testing, and engineering best practices
- You have the ability to self-manage, prioritize, and deliver functional solutions
- You possess advanced knowledge of analytical databases, software engineering practices, testing methodologies, and data analytics.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team
Why you want to work here/Benefits/Perks
Doximity is proud to offer industry-leading benefits. Some of our offerings include:
- Medical, dental, vision offerings for you and your family
- 401k with matching program
- Family building support, Childcare FSA, and parental leave
- Life, AD&D, and Disability
- Generous time off, holidays and paid company trips
- Plus many more!
More About Doximity…
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Be sure to mention the word **DOTE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok