Posted 29 Jul 2022, 0:07 pm
Senior Software Engineer at LimeSurvey
At LimeSurvey we are on a mission of building the world’s #1 survey platform emphasized on ease of use, stability, and extensibility. We do this together with our fast-growing community and an international team of survey fanatics in Hamburg.
You can find LimeSurvey in over 140 countries and 80+ languages: from local governments, NGO’s and universities to students, small business owners and public traded companies.
We could use some help. If you’re looking for the next challenge as Senior Software Engineer, you might have just found it.
This will be your arena:
Survey platform is providing capabilities to create and collect online surveys and analyse and share survey data. The survey platform can be used to conduct simple questionnaires with just a couple of questions or advanced assessments with conditionals and quota management.
We work closely with our community and partner network to co-create, fix bugs, translate, and share knowledge. You will join our creative team and get involved in building the world’s #1 open-source survey platform.
As the Senior Engineer, you will have a key position in our Survey Platform Development team. You will help build a versatile, open-source survey tool for newcomers and professionals. So, they can get the freshest insights - as easy as squeezing a lime. Well, for the latter ‘easy’ part we could really use your help.
This will be your challenge:
- You will help set the standard for LimeSurvey Dev team and guide and motivate others
- You will discuss and implement new features with business side, manage their expectations, and refine, estimate work with the team in line with our product roadmap
- You will help identify and manage technical dept
- You will help onboard new team members while mentoring and guiding others in their career path
- You will closely work together with our product owner and architect
- You are responsible for the code you write
- You take ownership of your code in line with our LimeSurvey coding guidelines
- You help consult with specific expertise you have on e.g., architecture, design or performance
- Your code will be showcased to the rest of the world, since we’re opensource
This is you:
- You have worked on B2B, SaaS or Dev Tools
- You have solid programming skills and master PHP frameworks, Yii would be great but is always learnable
- You foster relationships with your team and have great communication skills + a getting things done mentality
- You understand testing frameworks and methodologies.
- You understand technologies supporting the LimeSurvey ecosystem
- You are a motivator and get the best out of yourself and automatically people around you
- You are an active contributor to opensource projects (or will be in the future ;-))
- You have a good sense of humour, and you stay calm in stressful situations
- You want to be part of a distributed down to earth team on a mission to create the world's #1 open survey platform
Tech we use:
- Yii-3, Yii-1, PHP Framework
- Bootstrap 5
- MySQL, MSSQL and Postgres
- Docker, CI, CD
Varied, interesting and challenging tasks, the chance to work with a growing dynamic distributed international team, room for creativity and your own ideas. We offer a wide range of training courses including language classes.
We work flexible hours, distributed, from home or in the office. We offer a dynamic working environment with flexible hours remote, from home, or in the office if you’re nearby at headquarters in Hamburg. As well as an appropriate salary package based on cost of living including paid vacation, local public holidays, paid sick leave & parental leave, employment & contractor options.
Be sure to mention the word **EXCELLENCE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok