Posted 28 Jul 2022, 5:25 am
US West Market Leader at Internal Job Board
US West Market Leader
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday August 3 at 5pm EST/2pm PST
Location: Must be within one hour driving distance of three or more shops anywhere within the west region, or able to relocate near 3 or more shops anywhere within the west region
The Market Leader plays an essential role in developing, communicating and executing the company vision and enabling our shops to articulate that vision at every level. You hold sacred our Lush culture and values through fearless leadership and owning the experience of every employee and customer in your shops. You grow talent by motivating, encouraging and coaching your Shop Managers and shop staff to their highest potential; you know how to be curious about their opportunities and career ambitions and how to be real with feedback and support.
Lush values people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyze and interpret metrics and translate strategy into behaviors which drive sales and improve profit. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Support remotely and through visits 25+ shops as assigned to your market on a regular basis, spending time on the sales floor identifying opportunities and coaching a motivating the sales staff and coaching and leadership support for the Shop Manager
- Support the store managers in the creation and execution of business plans and help them with what they need to build their business
- Develop the Store Managers, Managers-in-Training, and shop staff to build their business and brand awareness using Lush resources and tools to create home-grown future leaders
- Represent the brand as you recruit and network with a strong talent pool in the different markets of store managers, managers-in-training in order to maximize retention, minimize turnover and optimize the shop’s sales
- Manager your budget and costs as related to your market labor, inventory and travel costs and manage the profit lines by shop and your market
Retail Team Participation:
- Be actively involved in the Lush retail business to identify cross-promotional and training opportunities, including Manager Meetings and Retail team meetings to places throughout US, Canada, and the UK.
- Ensure the proper and timely execution of Lush campaigns, merchandizing, new product launches, training and other brand initiatives
- Come together with peers in the other regions and areas of the business to support shops and work closely with other managers to ensure consistency across the Lush brand
- Build the clientele to the retail shops by ensuring excellent customer service, executing strong events, and fostering a positive team dynamic amongst the retail stores
- Attend meetings with other departments in Vancouver and Toronto to ensure all facets of the company are supporting the retail business to its highest potential through strategic and outside-the-box business planning
- Network in the cities and communities where the Lush stores are located to identify business opportunities and recruit top talent
- Work closely with the Retail Support Team to ensure the Lush vision is being executed
- Lead inclusively to identify and address DEIB challenges within your market and leverage Lush tools and resources to proactively manage employee relations and engagement opportunities while promoting DEIB training, programs and goals.
- Highlight and promote Lush ethics, values and thought leadership with regards to sustainability, ethical buying and Charity pot sales
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 experience as a multi-unit manager
- 3-5 years experience in the retail industry
- Experience managing remote locations, developing teams, and maximizing opportunities
- Experience in sales and driving excellent customer engagement
- Ability to develop talent from a variety of angles as impacts performance management, hiring, training, engagement, DEIB and employee relations
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient in excel, Microsoft suit, and adaptable to other systems as required
- Ability to travel up to 50% both in market and within US, Canada, and UK for meetings as needed
- Proof of COVID vaccination due to the travel requirements of this position
- Within one hour driving distance of three or more shops anywhere within the west region, or able to relocate near 3 or more shops anywhere within the west region.
- Degree or course work in business, commerce, or communication
- Experience in the cosmetics and beauty industry
- Experience in cross cultural collaboration and DEIB or social justice training
- Fluency in Spanish, French or other languages
Be sure to mention the word **TRUSTINGLY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok