Posted 20 Jul 2022, 8:30 pm
Senior Android Engineer at Proxy
Let’s start with why we exist…
We believe the most important technologies in the world don’t seek your attention, they work for you, they empower you, and they get out of the way, so you can focus your attention on what matters most.
We believe that everything around you should be simpler, faster, and more seamless. We believe in a world where you can control everything around you, by simply being present and having technology do the work for you by turning the mundane into the magical. We believe you should be able to experience the world in personalized ways rich with your preferences and taste, while staying in control of your data and privacy.
We are creating this world by building your digital Proxy. It’s your identities, your preferences, your ID cards, your wallet, your links to the physical world, augmented and represented by your smartphone or wearable that tells the world around you who you are, what you want, and how you want it.
We exist to empower you with your digital identity for the physical world. Access more. Share less.
Why this role exists...
Proxy’s Engineering team is building a new way to prove who you are in a more private and secure way. A key aspect of this platform includes the Proxy Android apps and SDKs. You’ll join a flat, fast-moving engineering team where you will have a high degree of autonomy and independence. If you enjoy rapid prototyping, developing new ways of approaching decentralization, and bringing Minimum Viable Products out to the market, you’ll be a fantastic fit on the team.
- You’ll implement new and beautiful Android Apps as well as simple to use SDKs
- Launch things quickly and iterate as our products grow. We’re constantly soliciting real-time user feedback, and look to implement changes immediately.
- You’ll work on everything from in-depth R&D involving encryption to quick hacks testing out new blockchains.
- You are intensely curious and enjoy learning new skills, ideally in the web3 space, and apply those learning into our products.
- You’ll work on several feature sets and projects simultaneously, and you thrive in a fluid, fast-paced, distributed environment.
- You show strong product ownership from design to debugging, and are willing to go as far as refactor your own code.
- You’ll truly own your work…. we are a flat org with limited hierarchy, which means you are autonomous and accountable for deliverables removing dependencies for others on the team.
- You don’t need a fancy degree or specific years of experience, but we expect you to be an expert in all things Android development
- Extensive experience building modern Android software in Kotlin
- Experience writing, testing and shipping quality code
- Demonstrated ability to contribute at a high level within a fast-paced team environment
- Flexible and creative thinking to help push UX and design to create lean, frictionless experiences
- Experience and passion for crypto, blockchain, decentralized identity and verifiable credentials a MASSIVE bonus
- Experience with Android NFC and BLE stack a bonus
- Experience with Wearables
- You’ll join a remote, small and nimble team of passionate engineers who pride themselves on innovative ways of simplifying decentralization for mass consumption.
- You are at the forefront of web3, creating the infrastructure for the internet of the future.
Be sure to mention the word **COMPLIMENTARY** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok