Posted 18 Jul 2022, 11:01 am
User Experience Designer at Chek Creative
We are the web studio without limits.
Chek Creative is behind some amazing websites and web applications. With clients spread throughout Columbus and the United States, we have grown into a small community while maintaining our original energizing culture.
We build feature-rich websites and applications that drive significant business value for their stakeholders. For nearly a decade, we have differentiated ourselves with our sustained focus on building things that matter.
We love working with amazing people to build web properties that make a difference. See what our clients think about us on Google.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced design professional with a background in design systems for digital products. You’ll play a crucial role in our daily processes and influence products from concept to delivery.
The person in this role will be appreciated from day one, as you’ll be Chek Creative’s first Design hire! We have amazing relationships with freelance designers, but due to our growth, we’ve exceeded the point where we need UX and Web Design skill in-house. That’s where you come in!
You’ll spend your workday creating design systems for our larger product efforts. You’ll also review our freelancer’s product and marketing website designs for consistency, quality, and requirements coverage.
You may be asked to work on some marketing websites and landing pages here and there, but this role is centered around our complex product work.
It’s critical that the person joining this role aligns closely with our team’s values. When you meet us, you’ll see that our team culture is a winning benefit; whoever joins us as our sole design team member should appreciate and align with that culture.
Who You’d Be Working With
Despite being our first design hire, you won’t be alone. We have an active Slack community that includes our 4-member team, our 12+ freelancers, and partner agencies. You’ll support (and get support from) project managers, developers, content writers and freelancers alike.
Our work is critically important to the success of our partners and clients. We focus on our shared goals to keep things energized, rather than heated. You will feel supported and valued, and receive quality feedback to improve your skills on a daily basis.
How You’ll Work at Chek Creative
We have worked as a team to build a really strong employee experience at Chek Creative. We’re a passionate group of team players that you’ll love to work with. Here’s how it goes:
Autonomous and Asynchronous Work You are trusted to do your job, at a high calibre, with the flexibility to do focused work when you’re most productive. Our team is fully remote, but we gather weekly for an all-hands and have ad-hoc check-ins when needed. Otherwise, we operate in Basecamp, Figma, GitHub, Notion, and Slack as our primary internal tools.
Work from Anywhere Want to take a European trip? Go do it! At Chek Creative, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Unlimited Time Off We work hard, take ownership, and deliver high quality products. Chek Creative offers unlimited PTO, allowing you to request time off as you need it.
Year-end shutdown Our team shuts down between Christmas and New Year’s for a well-earned global week of rest.
Our Retreat When the pandemic allows, we gather once a year to celebrate our team success. We focus not on business dealings, but just being together and having a fun time. Our inaugural retreat will (hopefully) be sometime in 2023.
Personal Growth We are serious about helping you get better at what you do. We sponsor conferences, educational subscriptions, books, and time away to learn something new. We love to see you grow.
- 401(k) matching up to 4%.
- Paid time off, holidays, and a company-wide year-end shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s day.
- Distributed remote work with flexible work hours.
- Annual continuing education budget.
- Health and financial wellness reimbursement.
- As a small (but mighty!) business, we don't qualify for group healthcare coverage that meets the demands of our team. So instead, we provide the maximum amount allowed by the IRS to a QSEHRA, so team members can pick the best coverage for them.
This role starts at $74,250.00 with tremendous growth opportunity. We consider raises every year for merit and inflation.
- We’ll provide a brand new MacBook Pro M1 computer, monitor, and $750 to set up your productive WFH space.
- We track billable hours, so we use Harvest to track time. But you’re not punching a clock – you’re trusted to get your work done efficiently and your hours are not tied to your paycheck.
- Once you start, we’ll need one of these lists to help us get to know you:
- A bucket list of at least 5 items.
- The latest books, albums, movies, shows, or games that you truly loved – and why.
- A list of items you can’t travel without.
About You, Our New User Experience Designer
In this position, you’ll do things like:
- Establish and implement organization-wide design processes.
- Design complex digital applications in Figma.
- Review and design some marketing websites.
- Create design systems for complex client platforms.
- Collaborate closely with developers to communicate design intention.
- Direct creative workshops with clients to determine design direction.
- Review freelancer designs for quality, completeness, and accuracy.
- Balance a mixed workload: 70% executing deliverables, 30% reviewing freelancer deliverables.
- Advocate for and meet project budgets and deadlines.
You are a match if:
- You’re located in the United States.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of product design experience.
- You are experienced working in an Agency environment.
- You have a portfolio of stunning UX and web projects.
- You can evidence an exemplary understanding of current UI, UX, and brand methodologies, and are committed to your continued education.
- You are an exceptional communicator.
- You have an understanding of modern web and app technologies.
Be sure to mention the word **WORTHINESS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok