Posted 14 Jul 2022, 11:45 am
Elixir Engineering Manager at Wonderschool
Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable childcare providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
Wonderschool is seeking an Engineering Manager who is passionate about contributing to our mission and purpose through leadership, process, and execution of product development. You will manage one of the engineering teams building Wonderschool’s core product. As a successful Engineering Manager, you will plan and execute the development of product features and architecture improvements with quality and predictability, work across functions to communicate estimates and trade-offs and incorporate new business needs into the development plan.
- Work closely with Product Management to define and prioritize the roadmap and timelines
- Work closely with other engineering teams on large projects and architecture initiatives
- Run a process to deliver with quality
- Review product requirements and designs for clarity and robustness
- Review technical designs, task breakdowns, and assignments
- Ensure code is thoroughly reviewed and tested
- Enforce automated test coverage
- Organize acceptance and regression testing
- Support customer issues and respond quickly to feedback
- Become an expert on the product and codebase, performing code reviews and hands-on development as needed
- Prioritize and advocate for tooling and architecture improvements
- Run a process for goal setting, provide status updates, and perform retrospectives
- Have regular 1:1’s and career development conversations with engineers
- Complete periodic performance reviews
- Grow the team, including candidate reviews, interviews, and recruiting process improvements
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience managing a team of 7+ engineers
- Experience managing development of a SaaS product
- Experience running an agile development process
- Familiarity with development in the cloud, such as AWS or GCP
- Web development experience using a rich client framework like React
- Experience with Elixir
- Experience with mobile app development
- Experience at high-growth startups
What We Offer:
- Health benefits offer 100% coverage for employee premiums and 80% for dependents
- Wifi and Employee Wellness stipends paid out monthly
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.
Be sure to mention the word **ABOUND** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok