Posted 6 Jun 2022, 6:30 pm
Destiny Senior VFX Artist at Bungie
We’re seeking a driven artist to help expand the Destiny universe through spectacular visual effects!
The ideal candidate brings a passion to learn advanced technical and artistic skills. The candidate understands how to work with a team and will be expected to learn the challenges of modern AAA game development to produce stunning in-game visual effects that support gameplay, cinematics, and environments.
- Work closely with the VFX Lead to author effect assets that enhance gameplay and storytelling
- Use proprietary tools, Photoshop and 3D Studio Max to create effects that balance the visual goals of the project with the performance demands of the game engine
- Meet the quality bar established by the Art Director and Lead Artist
- Collaborate with the Art Lead, Concept, HS, Design, Engineering, and Animation on visuals, functions, style, limitations, etc.
- Help develop Destiny’s visual language through the craft of visual effects
- Participate in constructive critiques, giving and receiving feedback
- Mentorship of junior artists
- Experience working as a VFX Artist on a shipped game title (AAA), or equivalent
- Experience with node based shaders
- Be able to break down a visual effect into component content-types (particle FX, shader FX, mesh FX, post-process, animation, decal, lighting, etc.) and choose the right tools for the job
- Understands the principles of real time visual effects
- Understanding of Art and Visual Design fundamentals (color theory, etc.)
- Familiarity in Photoshop and 3D packages
- Ability and willingness to follow direction, collaborate productively with others, and work to meet deadlines as necessary
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates expert artistic and technical skills, as well as a firm grasp of timing and scale
- Technically proficient, able to identify and collaborate on pipeline innovations
- A dedicated interest for games
- Programming or scripting experience in any language (C++ / Python / HLSL)
- Animation background
- Experience with Houdini, Fume FX, Maya fluids tools, or Substance Designer
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment
Be sure to mention the word **PROWESS** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok