Posted 2 Jun 2022, 4:30 am
Support Engineering Manager at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Attribution, Audience and Proximity Targeting, Visits, Places and Pilgrim SDK. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the Team
The Client Solutions Engineering organization is responsible for custom and interim solutions and support that help Foursquare go-to-market faster and meet the needs of our clients and partners and for providing technical support for Foursquare’s products. We work with Product Operations and Client Success teams as well as directly with clients and partners to provide technical guidance and ensure they are able to use Foursquare products and data effectively. We are a high-impact team of scrappy developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products.
This role is to manage the Marketers CSE team which is responsible for supporting our Targeting and Measurement businesses.
About the role
As the manager of the Marketer’s CSE team you are responsible for hiring and developing a team of support engineers and data support interns. You are a hands-on engineering manager - helping the team troubleshoot complex systems to build and deliver data and reports to customers as well as training and supervising data support interns.
You are passionate about solving customer problems and building a high-performing team. You are engaged and understand what the team needs to move faster and how to improve the quality of deliverables, and you advocate for your team internally.
This is a remote role that can be based near any of our USA office hubs: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, New York or Chicago.
Responsibilities of the role
- Hire and manage a small team that includes support engineering, solutions engineering and data support
- Develop and maintain workflows that query, transform, cleanse and/or analyze data
- Triage unexpected behavior, navigating complex systems through log files, stack traces and data analysis to identify issues and provide solutions, working closely with Product and Engineering, and validating fixes
- Ensure stakeholders are kept informed of any open requests, escalating as necessary to Product Operations, major issues found
- Define and track KPIs for team performance
- Define and iterate on team best practices to improve the speed and quality of support,
- Identify product, tooling and training opportunities that reduce support
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years in Support or Product Engineering, or similar interrupt-driven technical role
- 3+ years experience people management
- 2+ years experience with SQL (we use Athena and Hive)
- 2+ years programming experience (we use Python primarily)
- 2+ years experience with AWS or other cloud storage provider
- Fluent in shell scripting and comfort with command-line utilities for moving and work with files and data
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot through log files and stack traces
- Demonstrated experience supporting external clients or internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate an ability to leverage Excel or Google Sheets for reporting and data analysis
- Verbal and written communication is strong and well organized, with an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- An understanding of AdTech (Targeting or Attribution is a plus)
- An understanding of Location/GIS industries and working with data
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to mention the word **IMAGINATIVE** and tag RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human / RMTk1LjIwLjI0MS40OQ==.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok