Posted 10 Feb 2024, 5:00 am
Senior Field Service Engineer EMEA at Deepcell
Deepcell’s cutting edge technologies are at the intersection of biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, and single cell multiomics. We are a fast-growing, series B Stanford spin-off company that has developed a unique platform for use in research, diagnostic testing, and therapeutics. We combine microfluidics, imaging, deep learning, and genomics to identify, isolate and analyze live, single cells. Our technology addresses diverse applications in the life sciences. We are a small team of passionate innovators in biomedical engineering, artificial intelligence, molecular biology, and genomics. Our technology has won multiple prestigious awards and is backed by top-tier venture capitalists in Silicon Valley. Deepcell is an AI-powered platform that analyzes, classifies and isolates label-free, viable cells based on their visual features for use in basic and translational research across the life-sciences industry. We are looking for an experienced field application scientist to joining our expanding customer success operations in Europe.
The Sr. Field Service Engineer (FSE) position is responsible for enabling customer success within their EMEA territory. As a Sr. FSE you will be engaging with customers daily and delivering differentiated customer service, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs at customer sites across your territory. This position serves as a hardware consultant during pre- and post-sales activities and will collaborate with broader commercial team to maximize sales growth and customer satisfaction.
The FSE role requires excellent communications, time management, situational awareness, troubleshooting, collaboration, and composure under pressure. You will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships across territory Service and Support teams, Sales, Marketing, and internal Bio/Science teams. The primary goals of this position are to ensure rapid adoption and maximum customer success with Deepcell’s products.\n
- Support new product development through alpha and beta tests
- Coordinate new installations of commercial and in-development products, including facility inspections and instrument validation
- Identify, document, and communicate customer issues; complaints or concerns to management
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers to manage expectations while satisfying the customer’s needs
- Handle stressful situations with poise and composure
- Participate on departmental project teams; work collaboratively to execute project plans
- Prioritize tasks and responsibilities to achieve departmental key performance metrics
- Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times
- Carry out installations and repairs on customer sites throughout North America.
- Opportunity for occasional international travel as well
- Contribute to designing equipment, tools and products, and field-testing new equipment and products
- Carry out periodic inspection on the machine, diagnose faults, and resolve any issues at the work site with minimum interruption to the customer's business or daily activities
- Represent the company at national, regional and local trade shows/conferences including events/seminars
- Provide timely installation and maintenance reports
- Lead and engage in accurate utilization and maintenance of the Company’s customer relationship manager (CRM)
- Mentor and train new and junior FSE’s on how to provide differentiated customer service
- Lead in creating and updating all Field Service documentation
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain records in CRM for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management
- Experience with lab or liquid handling automation with microfluidics
- Ability to operate as an independent contributor and as a cooperative member of a team
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- BA/BS or equivalent in engineering, electronic and optical experience preferred
- 5+ years of supporting/designing capital equipment in a related field
- A command of scientific knowledge would be an advantage
- Must have a valid driving license
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Previous customer facing experience with capacity to interact with principal investigator-level scientists as well as bioinformaticians and laboratory personnel
Deepcell believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Please mention the word **REVITALIZE** and tag RMzQuODYuMTYyLjEzMw== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuODYuMTYyLjEzMw==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok