Posted 9 Feb 2024, 7:00 am
Community Manager at ProjectDiscovery
Who you are
- You are a clear and efficient communicator, striving for elegance in conveying information succinctly and meaningfully.
- A champion of refinement and iteration, you are not someone who rushes content creation but rather aims for near-perfection through continuous improvement.
- You seek to learn from what others have done, using that information to build and encourage creative thinking rather than blindly follow an established playbook.
- You are self-sufficient, capable of executing tasks with minimal oversight and thriving in autonomous environments.
What you will work on
- Lead and nurture our growing community in discussions about security tooling, best practices, and innovative use cases.
- Provide technical support and user assistance across platforms like GitHub, Discord, and other digital mediums.
- Collaborate with community members to identify and resolve issues, fostering a self-help culture where members aid each other.
- Gather insights on feature requests and community preferences, conveying these to the product team.
- Develop and maintain resources for frequently asked questions and common issues.
- Uphold a culture of respect and empathy within our open source community.
- As well as the following potential routine tasks:
- Creating new issues on GitHub based on community feedback and appending existing issues with necessary information for the product org
- Writing blogs, preparing newsletters, and organizing community spotlights.
- Engaging with our community in Discord to actively answer user questions, source information for project bug reports and new projects / feature requests.
- Experience creating software or contributing to open source software
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience developing demos, workshops, webinars, videos, and other technical content
- Self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Ability to use ProjectDiscovery tools and other Linux command line tools, and social media platforms.
- Prior experience in a tech startup environment is highly desirable.
- Background in security engineering or bug bounty hunting is a plus.
- Location: You can be in any location and any timezone to apply
- You'll report to: Head of Community
- Direct Reports: None
- Start date: As soon as possible
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $107,500 - $157,000 for U.S. located employees DOE. Band level and salary ranges are determined through interviews, a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. Non-U.S. located employees compensation will be based on Geo and the above parameters.
Please mention the word **REJOICING** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok