Posted 9 Feb 2024, 1:00 pm
Finance & Strategy Manager at Pachama
Pachama is looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to drive our corporate-level planning and financial decision-making at our growing company. In this role, you will help shape Pachama’s business model and build the foundations of a world-class FP&A function. You’ll also support investor relations and be a thought leader to our business partners. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated interest in climate tech, and a track record of success in unstructured, startup environments.
This role is remote within the United States/International. However, they must be within 3 hours of Pacific time given cross-functional & investor communication responsibilities. No regular travel is required or expected.
Who We Are:
Pachama harnesses AI and satellite data to empower companies to confidently invest in nature. Using the latest technological advances, Pachama delivers continuous insight into how forests sequester carbon, protect wildlife and benefit local communities. These insights enable leading companies to find the world’s best projects and track their impact over time while also helping land stewards earn an income with tools to develop carbon projects and secure funds.
Pachama has evaluated hundreds of nature-based carbon projects around the world and originated its own Pachama Originals projects across Brazil, Mexico and the United States, driving funding to protect and restore millions of hectares of land. The company has served climate leaders such as Salesforce, Nespresso, Shopify and Boston Consulting Group and is backed by investors including Lowercarbon Capital, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Future Positive, Amazon Climate Pledge Fund, Y Combinator and Deutsche Telekom.\n
What You Will Help Us With:
- Build and maintain Pachama’s corporate model, and own long-term forecasting.
- Drive annual planning, quarterly BvA processes, and monthly finance reviews.
- Support all corporate-level fundraising, board meetings, and investor relations.
- Lead general market analysis including industry landscape, pricing trends, competitive benchmarking, and TAM sizing.
- Help develop and drive execution of new business models and pricing structures.
- Provide financial support on build vs buy analysis and future M&A opportunities as they arise.
Experience & Skills We're Looking For:
- 5-8 years of related experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate finance / FP&A at a high-growth startup.
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets, and Keynote/PowerPoint. A master financial modeler but can distill complex information to key inputs and outputs.
- High degree of ownership, directly framing and influencing Pachama’s most strategic decisions.
- Strong understanding of public and private capital markets.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with business partners and present to both executives and investors.
- A thoughtful work style that can think about hard problems from first principles, and pioneer business models that haven’t been done before.
- Absolute passion for our mission and a belief that we can make an impact to solve climate change.
Even if you don’t meet all these requirements, we encourage you to apply if this job description excites you. We are looking for ambitious people to help make an impact on climate change. That purpose requires us to bring together a diverse set of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to create solutions that work for all.
Please mention the word **CONFIDENCE** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok