Posted 8 Feb 2024, 2:00 am
Staff Front end Developer Growth at Faire
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
Our engineering team owns the code that makes our marketplace intuitive and beautiful. We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production multiple times per day, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
About the role
Our mission in the Retailer Growth pillar is to efficiently reach, acquire, and engage retailers across their lifecycle. As a Staff Developer on the Retailer Growth pillar you will drive the frontend platform evolution and tooling working alongside product, design, marketing to achieve our mission.
You’re excited about this role because…
- You get excited about driving large business impact in a Growth environment.
- You want to use technology to help your local independent retailers and brands succeed
- You’re excited by continuous improvement and innovative strategies to propel business growth
- You like to solve challenging engineering problems related to speed, developer efficiency, and building tools for rapid experimentation
What you'll do
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and marketing to contribute significantly to the success of the business or the engineering platform
- Identify and capitalize on new opportunities, overseeing complex multi-phase projects across multiple teams and platforms from concept to implementation
- Optimize web applications for peak performance and scalability, ensuring the delivery of high-quality, fast, and scalable code
- Develop strategies on what technologies we adopt and utilize to best serve the needs of the business with only high level direction
- Mentor fellow developers, sharing industry best practices in front-end development
- 7+ years of experience
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, Typescript, and frameworks/libraries like React
- Experience in building responsive and user-centric web applications
- Strong understanding of web performance optimization techniques
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
Technologies we use and teach
- React, Next.js
- Jest, cypress.io
Canada: the pay range for this role is $164,000-$225,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Please mention the word **GUIDANCE** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok