Posted 8 Feb 2024, 2:00 am
Manager Production Control Steering at Scout Motors
What you’ll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace by achieving the following:
- You will be responsible for the Planning of Production Steering Operations
- Build and manage the Production Control Steering Team, responsible of the entire process chain from order receipt to vehicle handover to Sales
- Collaborate with Plant Direction, HR, Sales, Purchasing and Process Planning Departments in order to define Procedures related to the definition and Agreement of the medium and long Term Production Plan
- Define and agree with the related shareholder the Procedure related to the definition of short term production plan and production sequence based on plant capacity and restrictions including the evaluation of potential supply risks
- Monitor and control the entire process chain from order receipt to vehicle handover to Sales in order to increase delivery reliability towards retailers/importers on the basis of individual vehicle and volume considerations
- Establish a scheduled, cost-optimized and sustainable new vehicle distribution network in cooperation with sales and production
- Regular reporting to sales, production and management for optimal and timely delivery of vehicles to the dealers / importers
- Coordinate with Plant Direction, Sales, Production and Quality Departments to define the Ramp-up Plan and Market Introduction Targets. Ensure its implementation and follow-up
- Ensure the recruiting and qualification of Production Control personnel based on ramp up plan
- Support own process control through planning and implementing KPIs with clear responsibility distribution, coordinate problem solving activity in case of deviance from the defined targets
- Analyze and authorize the department budget, assure its fulfillment and develop countermeasures to compensate deviation observed by optimizing or reassigning technical and human resources
Location & Travel Expectations: The responsibilities of this role require attendance at in-person meetings and events regularly. The role will be based out of a Scout Motors location in Columbia, SC. Applicants should expect that the role may require the ability to convene with Scout colleagues in person and be able to travel to participate in events on behalf of the company from time to time.
What you’ll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. You’ll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You’ll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals. Here’s what else you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of professional experience in automotive production and logistics
- 5+ years of progressive experience building and managing teams
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in mechanical, electrical engineering, or related fields
- Strong understanding of Production environment and affinity to work with complex IT-Systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate to Board level management
- Detailed Knowledge and extensive Experience in Quality Management Systems (ISO, VDA, etc) and related process requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
What you'll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting – with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation, medical, dental, and vision plans, company holidays and paid vacation, and a 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility for 1 assigned vehicle and to lease 1 vehicle at competitive rates
- A mobility stipend
This is a full-time, exempt position eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $130,000 - $155,000
Internal leveling code: M8
Notice to applicants:
- Residing in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Residing in Los Angeles: Scout Motors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Residing in New York City: This role is not eligible for remote work in New York City.
Please mention the word **SUSTAINABILITY** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok