Posted 8 Feb 2024, 5:00 am
Senior Scientist Oligonucleotide Chemistry at Dyne Therapeutics
As a member of the Platform Oligo innovation team, the successful candidate will contribute to the development of Dyne’s oligonucleotide chemistry platform and enable the discovery of novel oligonucleotide therapeutics. This individual will be responsible for building an internal oligonucleotide chemistry lab and will lead the design, synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides and their conjugates. The position requires a combination of deep technical expertise in oligonucleotide synthesis and in-depth knowledge of oligonucleotides as a therapeutic modality.
This role is based in Waltham, MA without the possibility of being a remote role. Applicants must be able to relocate to the area.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Independently perform solid phase synthesis of oligonucleotides with diverse sugar and backbone modifications at various scales
- Troubleshoot and optimize synthesis methods to produce high quality oligonucleotides of various lengths
- Perform purification (anion exchange, reverse phase), analysis (HPLC/UPLC), characterization (LCMS, UV, melting temperature) of oligonucleotides and their conjugates
- Explore novel chemistries and designs to improve the DMPK and safety properties of oligonucleotides
- Manage hit-to-lead optimization process and deliverables
- Interact with the biology and preclinical groups to deliver clinical candidates
- Multi-task across several projects and manage time effectively to achieve results
- Collect, present, and discuss data at internal team meetings
Education and Skills Requirements:
- PhD in chemistry or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience in oligonucleotide synthesis -prior postdoctoral experience is preferred- or MSc with at least 7 years of industrial experience in the biotechnology industry
- Strong experience with the operation of oligonucleotide synthesis machinery (Mermade), and AKTA purification unit
- Working knowledge of RNA biology to enable collaboration across functions
- Experience with ASO, siRNA or other DNA/RNA targeting modalities
- Experience in nucleoside chemistry and bioconjugation are a plus
Please mention the word **FIDELITY** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok