Posted 8 Feb 2024, 5:00 am
Software Engineer Managed Services at SingleStore
Software Engineer, Managed Service
At SingleStore, we're not just building a database company, we are defining the future of data management. Going beyond multi-cloud, we offer our customers flexible networking, storage and compute options to meet their requirements. They click a few options, and our service flies into action, using the latest capabilities of the big cloud providers and the industry-standard Kubernetes ecosystem to get the job done. This managed service helps make SingleStore an excellent choice for many of our customers.
We are looking for exceptional talent to help us push the boundaries of what’s possible with a managed database product. The next set of capabilities in the pipeline require overcoming difficult technical challenges in the areas of networking, control plane, and scaling services - inventing some of the future of what customers will come to expect from a managed database product.
As a part of the managed service team, you will design and implement new capabilities for our cloud offering involving deep extensions to our networking, control plane, and overall managed service. Your role will include working closely with our product teams to collaborate on meeting the needs of our most demanding long-time and new customers. In this role, you will be at the intersection of leading technology trends - A highly performant distributed database, managed by Kubernetes, running in the cloud. You will probably find yourself using Go and Kubernetes, with a generous sprinkling of whatever the right tool is for the job. We look forward to hearing from you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with product managers, designers, customers, and other engineers to ensure we deliver a high-quality experience
- Develop a world-class managed service responsible for providing an innovative operational database solution in the cloud
- Proactively contribute to the team's engineering process to assist with our ability to scale and deliver projects on time
- Mentor junior engineers and contribute to a welcoming team environment
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with working on distributed systems, ideally in programming languages such as Golang, Python or Rust
- Experience working with Kubernetes and/or containerized services
- 2+ years of experience working on a SaaS product
- Intellectual curiosity about investigating issues that impact business metrics
- Passion for building high-quality products that are robust and easy to maintain in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience working on product security features such as authentication, authorization, audit logging, or data protection.
As employees are located in many different countries around the world, some benefits may differ from country to country. In all cases, we do our best to provide equitable perks and benefits across our locations.
For candidates residing in California, please see our California Recruitment Privacy Notice. For candidates residing in the EEA, UK, and Switzerland, please see our EEA, UK, and Swiss Recruitment Privacy Notice.
Please mention the word **INSTRUMENTAL** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok