Posted 8 Feb 2024, 8:00 pm
Manager Political Research at Climate Power
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
Learn more about our organization and work here: Climate Power: We’re hiring\n
About This Role
- Climate Power is seeking to add a Manager, State Political Research to our research department to generate actionable research to generate actionable research focused on climate progress and the politics of climate action in key states.
- Manage internal departmental research in the issue area, overseeing Senior Associates’ and Associates’ contributions to larger political projects as needed.
- Lead the research team’s rapid response work, working closely with the Communications Rapid Response Director on rapid response needs.
- Monitor and report on the 2024 electoral cycle – including both presidential and Congressional campaigns.
- Generate actionable research that can be used in communications materials, media pitches, and campaign tactics to hold elected officials accountable.
- Work closely with the Research Director and Communications team to pitch research findings to media outlets.
- Identify frequent research opportunities for Climate Power to hold political candidates accountable.
- Work across the organization to manage research-driven projects and campaigns in the issue area.
- Draft reports, fact sheets, and other political research and communications materials.
- Assist with gathering facts for reports and other written research products as directed by the Deputy Research Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 years of relevant prior work experience in political research. Preference for candidates with at least one cycle of opposition research experience covering an election at the federal level. Preference for candidates who have experience working with Communications teams.
- 2 years of people and/or project management experience; demonstrated success in leading departments and diverse teams and managing complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong news judgment and knowledge of the political media landscape.
- Strong familiarity with research tools, including LexisNexis and campaign finance filings. Further understanding of upcoming and new internet tools to find information is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
- Interest in climate justice is a plus!
Location & Hours of Operations
- Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in DC. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., but must be able to work Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
- Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including an experience-based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% paid for employee 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
- We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until the position is filled).
- An ideal start date would be on or before February 29, 2024.
- Climate Power has retained Job Plugs to manage this hiring process, including related communications.
- Our interview process generally involves 3 rounds of interviews, ranging from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates that move forward in the hiring process, will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and will undergo a vetting process, including reference and background checks to ensure cultural and political alignment.
- Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- Additionally, Climate Power is committed to fully including all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process.
- If reasonable accommodation is needed in the interview process, please firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for updates in the hiring/interview process or other solicitations should not be sent to this email.
Please mention the word **CONVIENIENT** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok