Posted 7 Feb 2024, 10:00 am
Frontend Developer at Donorbox
Donorbox is the leading fundraising platform and donor management system for nonprofit organizations. Our mission is to accelerate positive impact worldwide by helping nonprofits become highly effective at raising funds and managing their supporter base. Since 2014, we have helped more than 80,000 global organizations raise over $2B in donations from over 10 million donors.
Our fast-growing company is profitable and bootstrapped (we also offer stock options) with a healthy run rate. We have a diverse, motivated team that is fully remote, with 100+ team members in 10 states and 15 countries.
Software engineering is a highly respected department in our company. We want to help engineers deploy high-quality, well-tested code that powers global philanthropy.
- Build and maintain exciting features used by millions of users
- Propose efficient solutions with greater impact and lower cost
- Enforce well-written tests and clean code. Refactor and delete code for long-term usability.
- Understand the concept of componentization and reusability
- Develop valuing Continuous Integration
- Review and test pull requests
- Help our support agents with technical questions during shifts
- Deploy priority bug fixes
- Collaborate with product managers/designers/cross-functional teams to understand requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- 1+ year of Ruby on Rails experience
- Write clean, maintainable CSS, HTML and JS
- Ensuring Style Consistency and Mobile Responsiveness
- Elementary to Intermediate SQL skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the flexibility that is needed for working in a small, distributed team
- Intermediate English writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and solve problems without direct orders
- Favor simplicity over trendy solutions. We will not be using React or VueJS
Current Technical Stacks
- Ruby on Rails
- Vanilla JS
- Hotwire (turbo, stimulus)
- Active Record
- Active View
- SCSS + ERB
- System Tests
- Fully remote
- Must be based in Latin America
- Salary: $50-$60k, depending on location and experience
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote work
- Stock options (0.03%-0.05%)
- Reimbursement credit for home office set-up and work laptop
- Health insurance premium reimbursements, up to 75% for you and your family
- PTO of 21 days (birthday included), 8 holidays of your choosing, and 2 paid volunteer days
- Wellness program with fitness and mindfulness classes
- Help thousands of social impact organizations improve the world
- Work inside an apolitical, no-nonsense, mission-driven company
- Culture of fewer meetings and async communication
If this sounds like the right role for you, please apply today and let us know why. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please mention the word **AMPLY** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok