Posted 7 Feb 2024, 7:00 pm
Staff Accountant General Ledger at Provi
In 2016, we founded Provi as an innovative ordering solution, aimed to disrupt the 240-billion dollar alcohol industry with a product that would move beyond the constant chaos: the texts, paper stacks, missed phone calls and lost communication that has dominated the purchasing workflow between buyers and distributors for decades.
Today, Provi is better than ever. We’ve created a best-in-class ordering solution that better connects beverage alcohol professionals across 35 states and growing, with more than 750,000 product listings that make up the most expansive and trusted database of U.S. distributor portfolios.
If selected for a position in either Chicago or Austin*, you'll enjoy a hybrid work arrangement, allowing you to spend two days a week working from our office. Additionally, we provide an accommodation process for those who may require full remote work.
*Hybrid positions are only applicable to employees within a 35-mile radius of Provi offices
The General Ledger Staff Accountant is a key member of the finance and accounting team responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, performing general ledger reconciliations, and supporting month-end and year-end closing processes. This role requires a detail-oriented professional with a strong understanding of accounting principles, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to ensure compliance with company policies and accounting standards.\n
What you'll be doing
- General Ledger Management:
- Record and maintain general ledger transactions accurately and in accordance with accounting principles
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts to identify and resolve discrepancies
- Month-End and Year-End Closing:
- Support the month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting
- Prepare necessary journal entries and accruals to reflect accurate financial information
- Perform detailed reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts, including bank accounts, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets
- Investigate and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
- Financial Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports, providing accurate and reliable data
- Generate financial reports for management review
- Audit Support:
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors by providing necessary documentation and explanations
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements and address audit inquiries
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, company policies, and relevant regulations
- Stay informed about changes in accounting standards and recommend adjustments as needed
- Process Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in general ledger and accounting operations
- Contribute to the development and implementation of streamlined procedures
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Previous experience in a staff accounting role with a focus on general ledger management
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with NetSuite ERP
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a team environment
What you can do at Provi:
Make an impact: Work directly with the management team to help grow the business.
Find your groove and grow: Provi keeps growing and you should too. Expand your skill set, diversify your experience and develop along with us.
Enjoy competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with match, Commuter Perks, Long/Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Unlimited PTO and ½ day Fridays in the Summer.
Be a part of something big: Join a dynamic and innovative team that is working to change a major industry.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role above. Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies, and work location. Base pay is just one component of the Company's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, the Company provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Provi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the word **BOOMING** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok