Posted 7 Feb 2024, 8:00 pm
Executive Assistant at Nava
Nava is a consultancy and public benefit corporation working to make government services simple, effective, and accessible to all. Since 2013, federal, state, and local government agencies have trusted Nava to build transformative digital services to help people access public benefits. Meeting our mission is an opportunity to restore trust between people and public institutions. We focus on populations that are the least protected because the stakes are higher.
As a client services company, we work with government agencies to improve how people apply for benefits, navigate their health care, and more. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients. Our clients hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better customer experience.
These end-users—the humans who benefit from our work—are at the core of everything we do. We research beneficiaries’ needs to help our government clients better deliver on their missions, providing everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
Working directly with the executive team and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will directly support multiple executives, including the Chief of Staff, the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Executive Officer, and the Chief Financial Officer. Support tasks will include: scheduling and calendar management, email prioritization, travel coordination, expense report management, executive event coordination and executive meeting support.
Who we are looking for
You are an experienced administrative professional who can quickly build context in complex and distributed environments, and can proactively identify as well as support efforts to improve coordination and operations. You’re a detail-oriented and action-oriented operator, and find success when you’re unlocking the capacity of the teams you work with. You’re proactive – you’re actively thinking about ways communication channels or coordination efforts can be improved, and you know when to ask for help and when to make assumptions and move forwards. You’re collaborative – you value learning from the needs and constraints of different teams and leaders, and finding paths forward that bring people along rather than surprise them.\n
What you'll do
- Provide proactive administrative support to build additional capacity for the C-suite executive team
- Clearly communicate with external and internal parties in order to coordinate efforts
- Partner with internal parties to plan logistics of quarterly executive events
- Partner with the COO to identify other administrative opportunities to increase the effectiveness of the executive team
- Minimum of 1-2 years of proven success in an administrative or executive assistant role; preference for experience in professional services or civic/gov tech
- Experience interfacing with executives and managing their schedules
- Experience utilizing G-Suite (Google calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs/Sheets, and Google groups) or other scheduling software
- Understanding of how to gather the context required to make progress
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving, planning, organization, and communication skills
- Highly resourceful, reliable, and detail-oriented
The individual working in this position:
● Must be legally authorized to work in the United States and meet any other requirements for government contracts for which they are hired.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by their employer for a visa now or in the future.
● May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Comprehensive Employee Wellness Program
● Virtual Doctor visits with zero copay through UHC
● Fertility Support and Treatment
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● Home office budget and monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● Comprehensive learning and development program
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget, on top of a LinkedIn Learning license
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture, fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Stay in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about career opportunities, new partnerships, and news from the broader civic tech community.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.
Please mention the word **ENTHUSIASM** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok