Posted 7 Feb 2024, 10:00 pm
Writer Video Games Trends Inverse at BDG
Bustle Digital Group (“BDG”) is seeking a Part Time Writer, Video Games Trends to join the Inverse team. The writer will report out the trends that are shaping the art, business, and culture of video games. They will also contribute to Inverse’s daily gaming coverage, including news, previews, reviews, interviews, anniversary retrospectives, and guides.
The ideal candidate has established relationships with video game studios and PR reps, and values inclusive, approachable writing. They have prior experience writing gaming news, guides, interviews, and reviews. They are not half-hearted in their opinions and can write with equal passion and rigor about the intricacies of Final Fantasy and Indiana Jones lore, as well as broader industry phenomena like accessibility, representation, and consolidation. They are happy to cover the biggest games on the market while also shining a light on underrated titles. And they are excited to interview the people who make their favorite games and pursue original reporting that drives the news cycle. (It also doesn’t hurt if you’re a huge Final Fantasy fan.)
At Inverse, we believe games are for everyone. If you feel you have a unique perspective, expertise, or obsession to share with a wider audience, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a remote and part-time job with the flexibility to work up to 28 hours a week.
Note: Please submit a cover letter with your application outlining why you’re the right person for this job and the games you’d be most excited to cover in 2024.
This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between BDG Media, Inc. and the Writers Guild of America East.\n
- File two stories every working day
- Contribute to collaborative projects and section-wide initiatives (Final Fantasy Week, Luminaries, The Inverse Awards)
- Write regular video game reviews and Inverse Recommends articles
- Learn Inverse’s house style and possess excellent grammar
- Know how to spin an anecdotal or personal lede into compelling and clear nut graf
- Follow Inverse CMS best practices
- File accurate stories, leaning on primary sources and original reporting
- 2 years experience writing news, reviews, interviews and guides about games and gaming culture
- Able to tackle assigned stories and eager to pitch original stories with strong angles
- Substantial experience covering a specific fandom, series or beat, for example: Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Nintendo, accessibility, representation, the fighting game community, etc.
- Attend a daily pitch meeting at 10 am ET and be available during East Coast working hours
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.
Please mention the word **EFFECTIVENESS** and tag RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMTA3LjE3OC4yMzIuMTcy). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok