Posted 6 Feb 2024, 10:00 pm
Senior Motion Graphics Artist at 2K
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Visual Concepts is looking for a Senior Motion Graphics Artist to work directly on NBA2K game development alongside a versatile group of User Interface and Motion Graphics artists in the User Interface group. This is not for the marketing publishing team, you will be developing motion graphics amongst passionate game developers, game designs and fellow passionate and skilled artists.
This is a temporary role lasting 6 months and can be both remote or in-office. No sports knowledge is required, just a positive individual who can craft static screen layouts and motion graphics solutions to deliver clean assemblies to our dedicated programmers. You will be amongst a graphic design centric UI team, where we will work to support you, and other motion graphics artists.
Who We Are:
The UI group is a people focused diverse art team where we put effort where it pays off the most, pick up our teammates when we encounter headwinds in our lives, and pride ourselves in working effectively without sacrificing mental health. We prize the happiness that comes from helping the team do our best work and take credit as a team. Afterwards we blow off some steam and play games together. Give us a chance to meet you so we can tell you more!
What You Will Do:
Through collaboration with visual designers, modelers, animators and game designers, you will bring wireframes to life animating in Maya and creating game ready animated experiences for our end users. We are the best in class when it comes to creating visual experiences in next generation video games. Specifically, you will:
- Conceptualize and assemble screen wipes, explainer animations, animated UI intros and outros, and lots more using a proprietary, but powerful UI layout system
- Use Maya to build instanced library of assets and help maintain them
- Implement UI/UX designs into interactive UI animations
- Collaborate with design and engineering to implement final art into the game engine
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- Excellent communication verbal and written skills, especially with a remote team. Be an excellent written communicator on messaging systems like Slack or MS Teams
- Minimum 3 years experience in a digital art content creation pipeline
- Have a solid sense of color theory, composition, typography with current design trends
- Curiosity to learn and assemble your work with our powerful proprietary game engine tools
- Interface with design and engineering to implement final art into the game engine
- Comfortable working in Maya and Adobe Suite
- Be unyielding on naming conventions and understand the importance of them
- Have experience working with instanced art asset pipelines
- Learn and work predominantly in our proprietary assembly tool
- Know how to offer and take constructive criticism. Ability to take direction well
- A strong work ethic is important – managing your own time, you pride yourself in having capacity to work autonomously
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
Nice to Have:
- Excellent communication, yes this is worth mentioning multiple times because it's that important!
- Leadership or vendor/client relationship experience
- End-to-end knowledge of game production processes, and ability to scale your role to each phase. Understanding or learning of game engine limitations
- Experience with realtime shaders in a 3D modeling package and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine/Unity)
- Some experience in scripting languages and rigging
- Is a casual or hardcore gamer. We make games and we also play them!
Candidates may be asked to perform a test for consideration. Online Portfolio or REEL may be considered instead if provided.
This position is based in Novato, California but open to full or hybrid Remote.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Please mention the word **BENEFITS** and tag RMzQuODYuMTYzLjE1Mg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMzQuODYuMTYzLjE1Mg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok