Posted 4 Feb 2024, 1:00 pm
Gameplay Technical Designer at PlayStation Global
GAMEPLAY TECHNICAL DESIGNER (On-Site/Remote, United States)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Firewalk Studios is dedicated to creating unforgettable multiplayer experiences that capture the joy of playing together. We believe in the power of multiplayer and want to delight players with worlds that spark imagination and forge connection through immersive gameplay, artistry, and heartfelt characters. In 2023, Firewalk joined PlayStation Studios and unveiled its debut project: Concord – an original sci-fi universe and PVP multiplayer FPS launching on PS5 and PC in 2024.
Creating worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team. Firewalk is building a world-class, next-generation game studio with a focus on a more sustainable approach to game development. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Gameplay Technical Designer who is excited about creating new and exciting player experiences. As our Gameplay Designer, You will be responsible for helping design, develop and polish best-in-industry characters, abilities, weapons and gameplay systems for our players to enjoy!
WHO YOU ARE
- You are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about first person shooter titles and are excited about finding new ways to differentiate within the genre.
- You understand shooter game audiences, what motivates and engages them, and how specific game modes cater to their varied interests.
- You welcome design challenges that require critical thinking and problem solving and want to be hands-on when it comes to solutions
- You can champion design to a world-class development team, inspiring and collaborating with them to build top notch experiences.
- You are well versed at working cross-team with other designers, engineering, FX, and animation to ensure a high-quality bar for the in-game player
- You can successfully build and maintain relationships with other teams and foster a collaborative environment for developing features
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Designing and writing specifications for new and interesting Gameplay features and their mechanics
- Implementing, tuning, and iterating on gameplay features in-engine and honing the way they feel and function.
- Demonstratable prior experience as implementer of game features and systems
- Deep familiarity and understanding of modern PvP shooter design.
- Demonstrable experience of having worked on shooters or relevant genre-adjacent game(s)
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or visual scripting and debugging is a plus.
- Experience working on live games is a plus.
Please mention the word **ECSTATICALLY** and tag RNTQuMjQ0LjYyLjQ= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNTQuMjQ0LjYyLjQ=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok