Posted 3 Feb 2024, 1:00 pm
Site Reliability Engineer at Platform Science
Who We Are
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified Senior SRE to join our team in San Diego, CA (or remote). You will be hired to solve operational problems and provide support to development teams for critical business applications in production. Our focus is to ensure reliability in all production services and enable dev teams to be able to measure their reliability to effectively make decisions.
The SRE team has the unique opportunity to work with all aspects of our platform. We run entirely in the cloud—AWS, Azure and GCP. Our applications and services are containerized and serverless. If you’re excited about learning and supporting new technologies and many different types of products (including mobile apps, hardware, websites, messaging queues, serverless pipelines, and more), and working with an incredibly talented team, then this is the position for you!
- Creating and improving Continuous Integration/Continuous Delpoyment (CI/CD) pipelines; including release management processes and tools
- Setup standardized observability tools to facilitate development teams operating their applications
- Improve the resiliency of applications and systems using chaos engineering
- Conducting Production Readiness Reviews for new and existing services
- Working with teams on creating Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) with SLO/burn-rate alerting
- Write software to solve operations problems
- On-call duties: provide support to development teams for critical business applications in production
- Participate in incident management process optimization
- Build tools to improve stability and reliability of systems including local environments and deployment pipelines
- 5+ years in an SRE or DevOps role
- Proficient in Python, Ruby, Bash, Nodejs and/or Go
- Experience with Jenkins or related automation technologies
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker
- Experience with distributed tracing in Serverless applications
- Experience with observability technologies like Prometheus, ELK, or Datadog
- Emphasis on documentation and knowledge sharing throughout the team and company
- Understanding of SLI/SLO and SRE best practices
- Experience with high volume Web Services
- Bonus: Experience with Terraform, Chef, Packer, Vault
Platform Science Benefits Highlights
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits.
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $145,292 and $183,020. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.
Please mention the word **FEARLESSLY** and tag RMjA5LjIyMi4yMS42Mg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjA5LjIyMi4yMS42Mg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok