Posted 3 Feb 2024, 4:00 pm
Engineering Manager Site Reliability at dbt Labs
About the team:
Our current Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is a high-impact unit of 5 engineers focused on the critical areas of observability and incident management. As we continue to scale and evolve our platform, the team is poised for growth and will progressively adopt a broader array of modern SRE practices. The team's mission extends beyond today's focus; it is about laying the foundation for a scalable, resilient infrastructure that can incorporate emerging technologies and methodologies.
- Lead and expand a team of SRE engineers currently focused on observability and incident management while preparing to adopt additional SRE practices.
- Cultivate the team's skills and expertise, preparing them for the integration of new SRE methods and tools.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to define the roadmap for the team's growth and the evolution of its responsibilities.
- Maintain and foster a learning environment that is open to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Oversee the development and implementation of observability and incident management tools, ensuring they serve as a foundation for future advancements.
- Balance short-term objectives with long-term goals, aligning the team's work with the company's strategic direction.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience as an engineering manager
- Have collaborated tightly with a product manager before
- Have a demonstrated track record of growing engineers of all levels to the next level
- Have successfully partnered with other internal teams to coordinate large spanning initiatives
- Are technical, and capable of having in-depth discussions with engineers about decisions they are making, especially around scaling, observability, and resiliency.
- Have run multiple work streams within a team to balance work in progress and shipping customer value.
- Are values-oriented, and you share our company values
You'll have an edge if you:
- Have used dbt in the past or have a background in analytics engineering
- You have been part of a growing SRE function and have firsthand experience with the evolution from growth to full-fledged SRE practices.
- You're enthusiastic about emerging technologies and SRE innovations and have ideas on how to integrate them into a growing team.
- Have experience managing a distributed team of engineers, or working remotely
- Have strong written communication skills
- Have startup experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $182,000 - $246,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits - dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews via Zoom unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with the Director of Engineering, Infrastructure
- Team Interviews (1:1s) with Infrastructure team members and other stakeholders
- A values interview with the VP of Engineering
Please mention the word **ACUMEN** and tag RMjA5LjIyMi4yMS42Mg== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RMjA5LjIyMi4yMS42Mg==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
The offering company is responsible for the content on this page / the job offer.
Source: Remote Ok